Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

Waiver pick-ups for week 5 - saving some waiver money

Here are prior weeks pick-ups beginning with week 3:

wk 3 - http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=437244&hl=waiver

wk 4 - http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=437753&hl=waiver

Week 5 didn't require me to spend very many of my waiver bucks. Of course I only get about 70% of the players i actually bid on.

Team 1 - Deep semi-dynasty PPR league with IR ($100 season budget): I acquired the CLE D/ST for all of $2, dropping Rod Streater. I would have re-acquired Streater for my IR spot, and drop M Lewis, but I was too slow.as another owner had the same idea i had, I made two free pick-ups after blind bids were finished, picking up L Murphy and kicker B McManus, while dropping Denarius Moore and M Bryant. Bryant has been disappointing of late and is a dome kicker who will be kicking into a pretty strong wind predicted for Sunday. You will see that I replaced him in all 4 of my leagues. I still have $77 left of my $100 budget.

Team 2 - Deep dynasty PPR plus return yardage league with developmental taxi squad plus IR squad ($1000 season budget). Through bilnd bids, I acquired Clay Harbor for $26, dropping Charles Clay. Now that Harbor is the starter in Jacksonville,this decision was a question of comparative projected targets based on his anticipated role in that offense. I also paid $8 for Pat's WR Bryan Tyme, who just came off a 4 game suspension and based on his great pre-season I think he has a great future in the NFL. He'll be on my developmental squad replacing Kenbrell Thompkins. I also made three free pick-ups after blind bids were done, adding Phil Dawson, Louis Murphy and IR candidate Rod Streater, while dropping Matt Bryant, Andre Roberts as well as M Lewis from my IR. I've got $223 left of my season budget for this league.

Team 3 is my deep standard scoring keep 10 keeper league with a $1000 annual budget: I made one successful blind bid move, picking up A Holmes for $43 while dropping N Paul who now is a spare part with my Jordan Cameron done with his bye and jJrdan Reed returning in Washington. i made the same Rod streater of Mercedes Lewis IR move that I made in my team 2 league, and also replaced kicker M Bryant for N Novak. I've got $369 left of my budget in this league.

Finally, for Team 4, my 16 roster spot PPR keeper league, no bells or whistles with $1000 season budget:: I made only free agent picl-ups, adding Jerremy Hill and McManus while again dropping Niles Paul and Matt Bryant.

I missed rallo's weekly Waiver Scoop and Play post this week but since there weren't very many injuries for a change and only Miami and Oakland on byes this week, it doesn't really matter too much. The free agent I most coveted but did not get was Eli Manning. I believe that Eli has finally mastered the new offense and will have a hell of a season the rest of the way. But in all of my leagues, i was too strong at the QB position to want to pay too much for another QB. Good luck to all this weekend and I'll be back at you next week.

Good luck Mfm

Nice to see you back AND your insights are always appreciated.

Thanks guys. I almost gave up fantasy football.

With health, business and especially family issues, I wouldn't wish the year i had on anyone. I saw my cardiologist last week and he confirmed my heart was still beating. He even renewed his warranty on my heart for another year - despite the fact that my estranged wife thinks I'm really a heartless SOB.. So I guess I'll see you guys around here for a while longer.

Thanks guys. I almost gave up fantasy football.

With health, business and especially family issues, I wouldn't wish the year i had on anyone. I saw my cardiologist last week and he confirmed my heart was still beating. He even renewed his warranty on my heart for another year - despite the fact that my estranged wife thinks I'm really a heartless SOB.. So I guess I'll see you guys around here for a while longer.

Mr. Byrnes good to see you back!!

I picked up J. Brown in my 14 teamer with short benches.

He's def owned but may have been dropped.

Could be tons of garbage time this week.