Sign in to follow this  
mightystein

Oliver or Hillman?

I'm finally going to drop Cordarrelle Patterson this week and need a RB to replace him. Should I pickup Branden Oliver or Ronnie Hillman? Which back has better long term value?

Tougher call. Hillman has a ton of competition, but Oliver will once Mathews comes back. Do you need someone more for the rest of the season or to help now? Oliver for the now with a great matchup this week, Hillman probably for the rest of season.

Tougher call. Hillman has a ton of competition, but Oliver will once Mathews comes back. Do you need someone more for the rest of the season or to help now? Oliver for the now with a great matchup this week, Hillman probably for the rest of season.

I'm mostly looking for rest of the season with a possible flex option this week. I only have 3 RB's with Forte, Foster and Spiller so i'm looking for more depth with their bye weeks coming up.

It really depends on what more we hear about Ball's injury. If it is only two weeks, as some say it might be, Hillman becomes somewhat useless. if it is more, Hillman is more valuable than Oliver. Otherwise, when both teams are healthy, I think Oliver plays a bigger role.

I'm finally going to drop Cordarrelle Patterson this week and need a RB to replace him. Should I pickup Branden Oliver or Ronnie Hillman? Which back has better long term value?

Oliver . No way would I think about Hillman . One fumble and you are going to watch him sitting on the bench

Damn, flavor of the week is tasty...

Here is the scope... 3 RBs Matthews starter, Oliver maybe 2RB, Brown after week 6 will split carries you have a Bal situation... I think for sure the short term solution is Oliver but looking forward they have identical 2RB status.

I just bashed Ball well been doing it since, pre-season I had him ranked low 3rd round... I think Hillman longer is riskier bet ok but... he can have big payoff if he overtakes Ball. Not predicting Moreno like numbers like I did for him but a better than Ball did numbers to date 70 rush, 20 rec and good TD chances although I still got to see no one else gets goal line work.

So for week 6 guy Oliver and long term but risky Hillman. Oliver likely splitting carries were I can see a scenario where Hillman takes a huge shares of carries if he starts. In the same game Ball had 7 carries for 6 yds and Hillman had 14 carries for 64 yds... to me Hillman has a great opportunity to take the job... as a ff starter for week 6-8 he is iffy due to elite DST that said he did great 4 yds a pop vs an elite one. If you take Hillman you think he wins the job or has a better split than Oliver with the 3 horse situation. I think that is the case... management is very stubborn they had Moreno at 3RB till injuries force their hand like here... he is even a better blocker than Ball so not sure what is not to like.

Patterson isn't that bad a 2WR... Ponder will make anyone look horrible but now that Bridgewater is back I wouldn't dismiss him unless your desperate for a RB and your in a non-ppr 1 pt league.

Thanks for all the info guys. I decided to go with Oliver. I'm hoping that even when Mathews comes back he can fill a Woodhead/Sproles type of role.

I think he has a shot at Woodhead type of role... Donald look bad as a pass catcher.

Oliver is the safer choice but... I would still roll that dice there 2RBs go with the one with upside and the more hurt starter.