Sign in to follow this  
jamesmmckenna

Should I Allow This Trade?

Week 12 is the last regular season match up in our league. A 2-9 team is trading away: Brady, Marshall, and Ingram.... to a playoff team who gives back in return Wilson, Crabtree, Kendall Wright, and Decker.

I'm usually all for letting trades go through if both teams are trying to improve, but I'm pretty sure this is blasphemy (I offered a trade to the guy with brady earlier in the year and his response was "no I'm keeping him so nobody else in the league can use him"...)

Like to hear your guys' thoughts on this. As commish I want to do what is best for the league, so is it out of my place to veto this? Or is this clear collusion between two buddies.

No way. It is obvious that they are doing this trade to boost the playoff team. You have studs for underachievers this season. I would not allow it. If you do be prepared for fireworks.

Bad position to be in. Since it is obviously lopsided and collusion, neither team should be allowed back in the league next year. I would contact the owners and spell that out and give them a chance to rescind the trade offer and save their spot in the league.