Sign in to follow this  
Breesman32

This trade went down in my league

Big Ben, Colston, and Cameron for JT and Benjamin? Is this a fair trade? Because I certainly don't think it is. I think the Big Ben owner did this because the guy targeted his season is done and basically he's just trading players away. Also, because I pounced on Evans just before he started emerging big time and he, Jeffery, Rodgers, and the packers defense gave me 149 last week, he knew he needed to do something to score that high even though that could have been just a fluke week for me scoring that much given before that I had not scored more than 115 all year and only over 100 5 times this season.

But with that trade if it goes through

He has Manning, Lynch, Morris, Wayne, Benjamin, Steve Smith, Thomas, Patriots/Steelers, and Crosby.........

A strong enough team to score 130+ weekly.

Its a league vote where 4 votes rejects the trades for it to be vetoed.

Last deadline I have was yesterday. I still wonder can a trade be accepted but not process because of the date?

The guy that got Ben must have been very weak at QB. Still a lopsided trade but likely not up for veto if the guy had trash at QB.

Separately, why must many threads devolve into "why aren't your leagues rules the same as mine"?

The guy that got Ben must have been very weak at QB. Still a lopsided trade but likely not up for veto if the guy had trash at QB.

Separately, why must many threads devolve into "why aren't your leagues rules the same as mine"?

More like, why do people come on the forums to ask about trades in leagues that:

Allow vetoes;

Allow trades clearly after teams who have no chance of making the playoffs can unload their stars and affect the outcome of the championships?

We set up these rules so we don't have to come onto these forums to ask strangers if "this trade is fair." No, trading this late in the season isn't fair, imo.

He asked my opinion. I gave it.

• Like 1

Our league doesn't have any veto system in place. Not a lot of trades are done, but in the 15 years of existence of this league never had a problem with any of the trades. Just can't figure out why guys would roll over and dump their few good players even if out of contention. I don't care if I'm winless and completely out of the playoff picture, NO WAY would I give up or throw another guy in the league quality players to win the league.

• Like 1

My $200 buy in league allows trades still. Everybody still competes each week as we have a weekly prize. Truthfully I accept it but would prefer an earlier deadline.

As for the OP I figure he was asking for opinions on the fairness of the trade relative to the teams standings and the players involved. I didn't read it as looking for opinions on the fairness of league rules however I could be mistaken.

That trade is fine. Colston should get a bump with Cooks gone. JT is banged up and Benjamin has to suffer Cam's horrible play. Not even close to "vetoable".

Silverback alias. Love it!

I don't have deadlines set. I used to I believe the deadline was set for around this week usually in the past. The playoffs start week 14.

He had Newton. And I think he didn't care. I think its collusion, however he accepted a trade by me last week too but I gave something up to maximize improvement at two areas. And early in the season He traded Brees and SF for Newton and Seattle. Before the season he trades AJ Green for Jennings and Benjamin. Every trade that has basically gone down has involved him.

That trade is fine. Colston should get a bump with Cooks gone. JT is banged up and Benjamin has to suffer Cam's horrible play. Not even close to "vetoable".

I agree 100%. Trades shouldn't be vetoed simply because an owner feels it gives a team the edge to beat him. That is laughable. I LOVE when people get all pissy about a trade and either they didn't offer the owner anything on their own, or they offered a pure trade and then feel the need to veto anything else that goes through. This trade is fair enough to not even consider being vetoed.

• Like 2

He had Newton. And I think he didn't care. I think its collusion, however he accepted a trade by me last week too but I gave something up to maximize improvement at two areas. And early in the season He traded Brees and SF for Newton and Seattle. Before the season he trades AJ Green for Jennings and Benjamin. Every trade that has basically gone down has involved him.

Curious as to what players where involved in your trade?

Sounds like the owner likes to trade. Doesn't mean he's getting max value every time but he's making moves in his eyes that benefit his team. My opinion, that's not yours (or the commish's) job to evaluate.

Can you or the other owners who possibly veto this trade able to see into the future & know how the players involved are going to perform? No. It's pure speculation & should be treated as such. Unless you can prove collusion, leave it alone & enjoy the season.