Sign in to follow this  
Sal6482

Ingram or CJ Anderson? Playoff chances on the line

It's a PPR league. Comes down to with Ingram at home Monday night against tough Ravens run D or Anderson at home against pretty tough Miami D. Think both backs will get lots of touches and even have Ingram penciled in right now but with Pierre apparently back wit NO and Julius Thomas and Sanders both "iffy" I'm starting to kind of lean towards Anderson. We only have to start 1 RB in this league.

Btw, I'm going with Demaryius, Julio, and Josh Gordon as my WR's and flex plays.

Ingram or Anderson? Thanks and good luck!!

Ingram been on a roll best of his career. CJ did great and is the sole RB.

Pierre was used extensively as the 3rd down RB minus short yd situations. Ingram will likely get 1-2 down carries. I do see a drop in work but he was never a ppr RB this might be his worse game of the yr floor 50 yds 2 rec 8 yds but unlike CJ who has average run guy with upside ppr (now when QB is Manning that makes you think twice).

Ingram I feel is the RB to go. CJ should be consider in ppr formats an almost auto-start in 1 pt leagues. Both facing elite Ds and with great QBs at home. With a style difference CJ with serious ppr damage and Ingram serious running.

It's just Ingram been solid basically every start all yr... gotten 20+ carries of late and Pierre might be limited on return and is ppr RB anyways... CJ came out of no where got job to injury had a great game followed by mediocre rushing game and 2 awesome ppr. 20 carries is almost 6-8 pt lock for Ingram. If Manning looks elsewhere then CJ might have a 4 rec game and single digit carries. So he is riskier start.

When playing tough Ds CJ ppr RB is better choice but his running makes him risky and Manning has so many weapons. Roll with Ingram he is a tough runner who might get more goal line work and safer choice. But you roll with who you want to go down with... seems like your initial instinct was Ingram might as well stick it out... everyone always 2nd guesses the week of.

Excellent input and insight so much so it almost makes it tougher to decide. Any Saints or Broncos fans who could share their own insight and input with the decision?

I guess I'm in the minority here but I would start CJ Anderson over Ingram this week and this week only.

Ingram is facing the Ravens who have not allowed 70 yard rusher all season. They play a ton of close games and I do not expect this one to be an exception. This means they will have the luxury of hunkering down on what they do best in taking away the run and force Brees to beat them through the air. Brees has not been dominant enough this year to allow the Ravens to sleep on Ingram. They know he is the key to beating them and I'm expecting them to stuff him early and often to send a message. *I should note that no runner has had more than 16 carries against the Ravens and I expect Ingram to have around 20.

Anderson on the other hand is in a very favorable position. The Dolphins defense has been downright dominant for the majority of the season and the main reason is that they are allowing an average of about 200 passing yard per game. Now, that does not mean I expect that to be anywhere near Peyton's ceiling for the game but I do think they will try to establish a running game early to help Manning out. I also am anticipating the Broncos winning this game by 2+ scores which means there will be plenty of Anderson involved late in the match as well.

Yeah, he is right both got merits.

I'm going safe option cause playoffs on the line he gets 20 carries been running good all yr. The D focuses on stopping Brees. But CJ 2 week ppr stretch is sick almost like Lacy recent stretch.

I can't bench 20+ carries and at home for Ingram... if he was on the road maybe. But CJ I think might be ppr RB going forward even if Hillman returns.

I agree with almost all and it almost makes it a draw between the two. That being said, that's why also looking for Nawlins and Mile High fans/homers input. Thx to all so far and good luck!!

It's a PPR league. Comes down to with Ingram at home Monday night against tough Ravens run D or Anderson at home against pretty tough Miami D. Think both backs will get lots of touches and even have Ingram penciled in right now but with Pierre apparently back wit NO and Julius Thomas and Sanders both "iffy" I'm starting to kind of lean towards Anderson. We only have to start 1 RB in this league.

Btw, I'm going with Demaryius, Julio, and Josh Gordon as my WR's and flex plays.

Ingram or Anderson? Thanks and good luck!!

PPR I would roll with Anderson

So it looks like right now it's barely 3-2 Ingram over Anderson with no real definitive voices to one side over the other. I have to say, it is a very tough call.

I'm in a similar situation having to pick 2 out of Ingram, Anderson, and Blue (if Foster's out). Ingram is perplexing this week. He's only played 2 good run defenses this year. He did well against SF but flopped against Detroit. Baltimore has allowed the lowest fantasy points to rbs and no rb has rushed for more than 68 yards against them, yet no rb has ever had more than 16 carries. They have also allowed only 3 rushing tds to rbs this season. Everyone says that Ingram will do well due to volume, yet he averaged 2.9 ypc on 23 carries last week against a poor Cincinnati run defense.

Anderson played on 93% of the snaps last week and almost every rb that plays with Peyton does well. He didn't do well rushing last week but the St Louis run defense is decent and the Broncos had a rough game. The Miami defense is good but they have given up a few good games to rbs, especially those that can catch.

Currently I'm leaning towards sitting Ingram.

So as of late last night I made the switch and put Anderson in for Ingram. It's a 4:00 EST start so I could always switch back to Ingram if I decide to go back since Ingram plays tomorrow. Going more on my gut feeling and that Balt has given up fewest yards and touches to RB's so far this season. That and Pierre is back and I think Thomas would be in on many second and third downs even in the red zone. Just hope J. Thompson doesn't take a goal line score from CJ if the Broncos score on the ground.

I am predicting more of a line from the two as:

CJ Anderson- 16 carries 67 yards and 5 receptions for 42 yards (would be 7 fantasy pts in our league scoring)

Mark Ingram-18 carries for 65 yards and 3 receptions for 22 TD's (would be 4 fantasy pts in our league scoring)

If I truly thought or felt Ingram was a lock to score, I think I'd slot him back in.

Still looking for NO and Denver fans input though.

Good luck to all today.

I am also waffling between Ingram and Harvin in a half point ppr league and I have Harvin in as of right now. I do not trust Ingram vs BALT's very stingy rush defense. Add to that, P Thomas returns this weekend. While Thomas is used as a ppr type of back, I do expect Ingram to lose 5-10 touches. If his ceiling is 25 touches, this means he is now seeing the ball only 15-20 times. CJ, on the other hand, is the only back in DEN that is healthy and is a good option out of the backfield. If you suspect P Manning and the Broncs to win, then CJ will be used to dominate the 4th quarter and kill the clock.

I would roll with CJ.