Sign in to follow this  
tigeru

Cutler Benched, Clausen to Start

I can see the trepidation, but there are ways around this any of which can be thought of by a commish with half a clue. Allow a certain number of free moves per year, then charge a buck a piece thereafter. That also sweetens the pot.

Or you can institute a bylaw which allows a conditional move in event a player is placed on IR by his team. Short term/longterm I suppose can be debated.

If you're playing for money, business is business.

Or you can go with the rule as it stands and be a man about it like Fearsome.

Or you can go with the rule as it stands and be a man about it like Fearsome.

Lol, bust a move Beavis. In fact, why not join the league again next year and double down on the pain?

As far as those asking about upgrade/downgrade Detroit Def....I tend to shy away from situations like that. Road defense on a team notorious for playing down to opponents facing an unknown quantity at QB. Clausen might just give the Offense a spark where they light it up. :dunno:

Tressman is just trying to save his own behind. It will not help. Bears need to get rid of Cutler, Emery and Tressman ASAP. The 3 of them have absolutely destroyed this proud franchise.

even if john travolta was standing behind it, trestman's ass couldn't be saved

Tressman is just trying to save his own behind. It will not help. Bears need to get rid of Cutler, Emery and Tressman ASAP. The 3 of them have absolutely destroyed this proud franchise.

I bet this has nothing to do with Trestman; I think this is a McCaskey move. I think the Bears are going to try to shift yearly money in Cutler's contract downstream - taking a loss, but not as big a one as having no suitors for him - and make him dealable.

I think that is what the Bears are going to do; I think Cutler is radioactive in CHI. If this is indeed their strategy, it makes sense not to play him, because the plan goes to crap if Cutler is hurt.

Cutler has been benched to keep him healthy. That is my take.

Lol, bust a move Beavis. In fact, why not join the league again next year and double down on the pain?

Been in a league with a transaction limit for 20 years. Works just fine. People are always debating the luck vs skill aspect. Having the ability to make unlimited moves just adds more luck to the equation.

Been in a league with a transaction limit for 20 years. Works just fine. People are always debating the luck vs skill aspect. Having the ability to make unlimited moves just adds more luck to the equation.

it doesn't add more luck, cause everyone has the same odds of making good or sh*tty moves

Yeah it definitely brings a little more thought and risk reward, but the capitalist pig in me says if folks want to throw money into the pot that's fine as well. Making them pay sort of eliminates the clown factor to a point.

In his case, I'd think you definitely would want to pigeon hole that last move, unless a Jamaal Charles went down for the count in Week 10 and you could secure a Knile Davis with your last ww move. But I digress.

it doesn't add more luck, cause everyone has the same odds of making good or sh*tty moves

This.

There are just as many people crying over sh!tty moves they make as those breaking an arm patting themselves on the back each week.

Interesting tidbit......with a win on Sunday Jimmy Clausen would tie Mark Vlasic for most career victories (2) by an NFL quarterback named for a brand of pickle.

No matter where it is from it is a great stat. I stole it for my Facebook status lol

It certainly does, as any aspect of strategy in the use of those moves is eliminated. The very fact that a player would not have to think ahead and parcel out those moves over the course of the season reduces strategy and increases chance.