Sign in to follow this  
Lesman

How are you handling Week 17? Who still has something to play for?

Our league is a currently split pot league. We have around half going to the H2H champ and half going to the overall points champ. We merged 2 leagues (one H2H and one Overall points) a while back, so that is how we set it up. We also have smaller payouts for weekly top scoring team. This format has worked well by giving everyone something to play for through the end. It also allows a truly dominant team to win both pots and really take home some dough. There is still plenty to play for for us in this final week.

There is a faction of our league that would like to ditch the Overall Points payout and go strictly H2H, with a week 16 championship. We will be voting on it after the season. Even if we go strictly H2H, I'd like to keep everyone playing for something in the final week. Just wanted to see how others were handling Week 17. Championship? All Star game? Side pot?

I'm in 3 leagues total (lost one in the finals; won the other two). In the smallest money league where I won, it is actually 2 12 team conferences.

So there are actually 24 teams in this whole thing, and the way it works is that each league functions independently, and the winner of each 'conference' goes head to head in week 17.

So now I have to face the winner of the other conference in week 17. I'm hoping my conference dumps all their good players so I can load up! :lol:

I'm in 3 leagues total (lost one in the finals; won the other two). In the smallest money league where I won, it is actually 2 12 team conferences.

So there are actually 24 teams in this whole thing, and the way it works is that each league functions independently, and the winner of each 'conference' goes head to head in week 17.

So now I have to face the winner of the other conference in week 17. I'm hoping my conference dumps all their good players so I can load up! :lol:

In a format like that how many players do you & your week 17 opponent have in common?

We play all 17 weeks, no play offs... The only way I would play. I killed it all year and would have lost the SB last night with AJ Green playing. Instead I have it buttoned up with my wins and points

In our 12 team league we set aside a little bit of the cash for a doubles week. Champion plays with the last place finisher and so on.

Not a ton of money but helps make the games interesting :dunno:

I'm playing in my keeper league. I didn't make the playoffs but I have put up the most points in the three weeks of playoffs and no doubt will put up bigger numbers in week 4 of the playoffs. My team is loaded. It just seemed like every week I was playing a team who had great match ups and nosed me out 115-110 type stuff over and over. Look at my losing lineup:

Romo

Forsett

Hill

DT

Evans

Benjamin

ODB

Fleener or Allen

Bryant

Minn or phi

In a format like that how many players do you & your week 17 opponent have in common?

None - in fact, we could have the same players. It's super odd. I don't even see their entire conference throughout the year.

I'm struggling with what to do with Gronkowski this week. NE has NOTHING to play for, Gronk is key to their championship hopes and has shown a propensity to get injured. I really worry that he'll barely see the field.

I picked up Clay and Tim Wright this week so I have options...but I just don't know what to do about the TE spot. Gronk has the highest upside, Wright could go off IF Gronk doesn't play much, but Clay is probably the safest bet.

Thoughts?

None - in fact, we could have the same players. It's super odd. I don't even see their entire conference throughout the year.

That's surprising that you don't have any common players. I play in multiple leagues so I was facing players in one league that I owned in a different league. Thankfully the non similar players offset the other teams & secured 3/4 championships last week.

Good luck this week Mensa! You're one of a few credible posters here lately so it's nice to gain insight/opinions from people who post something of substance.

That's surprising that you don't have any common players. I play in multiple leagues so I was facing players in one league that I owned in a different league. Thankfully the non similar players offset the other teams & secured 3/4 championships last week.

Good luck this week Mensa! You're one of a few credible posters here lately so it's nice to gain insight/opinions from people who post something of substance.

:cheers:

We may have common players (probably do). Think of it like the winner of one league having to play the winner of another league, where both leagues have played under the same rules all year.