Sign in to follow this  
matrobw

Survivor League Week 1 Pick?

I'm looking at the match ups this weekend and there are several that could go either way. Right now I'm picking the Jets over the Browns. Anyone have a safer prediction? Packers at Bears looks good but do I really want to pick them week one and not be able to use them the rest of the season? Thanks

I'm rolling with Denver. There aren't many safe picks this week. But Peyton at home is as close as you can get. Plus, Baltimore hasn't been very good on the road the past few seasons. Baltimore lost a couple key players too.

While the Pack is a big favorite, I don't like division games especially on the road. I think week 1 is one to play it safe and see how teams look when it's for real, not dress rehearsal. I don't take chances, so for me I just go with Vegas, which means Patriots, Cowboys, or Packers. Jets are only -2.5, so if you're feeling like they're a lock, you should drop some money on that game. I'm locking in Patriots at -6.5 for my survivor pool. Pittsburg is without Bell and Bryant, and Brady is wanting to kick some ass.

While the Pack is a big favorite, I don't like division games especially on the road. I think week 1 is one to play it safe and see how teams look when it's for real, not dress rehearsal. I don't take chances, so for me I just go with Vegas, which means Patriots, Cowboys, or Packers. Jets are only -2.5, so if you're feeling like they're a lock, you should drop some money on that game. I'm locking in Patriots at -6.5 for my survivor pool. Pittsburg is without Bell and Bryant, and Brady is wanting to kick some ass.

Brady is also without a decent RB and Lafell. Edelman probably isn't 100%. They lost Revis, Vereen, Connolly, Ridley, Wilfork, Ayers, Browner, and Arrington in the offseason. Even if Brady "wants" to kick ass, he has a lot less talent around him this year to do so. I always like NE at home, but there's no way I'm taking them this game. I'll pick them once they've shown me who they are this year.

I'm rolling with Denver. There aren't many safe picks this week. But Peyton at home is as close as you can get. Plus, Baltimore hasn't been very good on the road the past few seasons. Baltimore lost a couple key players too.

Denver is my pick. Manning ain't losing the home opener. My second favorite is IND over BUF and then SEA over STL.

Packers are risky. Road division rivalry game... not safe.

Mine is a secret, but Im so confident (NOT) that I went two different ways in 2 leagues.

Oh hell I went Denver and Miami.

But week 1 ALWAYS throws up something unexpected.

I get more confident mid season when the choices become fewer. if I survive that long.