Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

The best thing about Rubio

Fair enough. I'll shut up.

Meh, pay no attention to us. I like the stories but could do without a guy in a new place telling us how much more awesome the new place is (everything new is great and then eventually it becomes the same ol' sh1). But if I had to choose I'd rather have that AND the stories rather than nothing :cheers:

Meh, pay no attention to us. I like the stories but could do without a guy in a new place telling us how much more awesome the new place is (everything new is great and then eventually it becomes the same ol' sh1). But if I had to choose I'd rather have that AND the stories rather than nothing :cheers:

One last post on the subject for clarification, then I'll stop.

I do not think that China is a better country than America. Its not.

I am an American. Always will be. I am red white and blue in my bones. Freedom and Liberty are mother's milk. There are a lot of things I simply choose to ignore here, as it is not my problem. The problems with the Chinese system are as plain to all of you as it is to me, so I won't bother listing them. I am a guest here, and an employee of the Chinese Government, so it is not my place to comment on them. That being the case, I should probably not comment on the good either.

And much of why China is an awesome place for me to live is precisely BECAUSE I am a foreigner. I make 7 times the average salary. I get stared at and flirted with by beautiful women. I get free crap all the time. I am pretty much allowed to be a drunken jackass, and people think its funny. None of this would be true if I were actually Chinese. There are several Chinese-Americans in my group of co-workers. They are all amazed at the treatment I get here. We white folk have it good here.

But I find comparative politics interesting. And I can't help but notice things here,and compare it to back home. The fact that they have nice new infastructure, and are constantly building more. Meanwhile the bridges where I grew up were built in the 50's, and are rusting apart. No trains. No subway.

My overall point was that there are some things here we used to have in America, that I don't see anymore. A purpose. A mission. A unity. A pride.

I don't say that to trash America. It is still the greatest country on Earth. But rather than pretend these problems don't exist, and end up NOT being the greatest country on Earth, I would like to discuss them head on, and try to find solutions. I hate how we Americans are programmed to NEVER criticize America. That is the only way she will ever get better.

Here, I am quite the flag waver. If some foreigner wants to trash America (never the Chinese, usually Euros) I will defend her tooth and nail. I do find myself frequently embarassed by the arrogant behavior of some of our countrymen, but that is another issue.

So I will try to keep this crap out of other threads, and just bring the funny stuff to my own threads. Although I will point out that, half the time a thread gets hijacked with China sh!t, it is because someone else made a comment or asked a question. But i will do my best to contain it.

Fair enough?

When fighting with Euros, it may not be the best idea to bring up our role in WW2. Their version is different than ours. We were considered tardy to the party and they feel Russia played a bigger role in defeating Hitler than we did. Plus they can always bring up the role Europeans played in our independence.

• Like 1

I dislike that Rubio can't manage his own personal finances properly, but claims he's got the answer for the US fiscally.

When fighting with Euros, it may not be the best idea to bring up our role in WW2. Their version is different than ours. We were considered tardy to the party and they feel Russia played a bigger role in defeating Hitler than we did. Plus they can always bring up the role Europeans played in our independence.

I tend to take this tack.

Hey, you like that free healthcare? You're focking welcome. You can thank the Ameriican taxpayer. Since you have abandoned your role as world policemen and enforcers of civilization, we've had to do it. We still have massive numbers of troops in Germany, Italy, England, and elsewhere in Europe protecting you. You can barely afford to stay afloat financially even WITH someone else picking up the tab for defense for you.Try it when we finally have enough of your crap and pull out.

I mean, you losers needed our help in Yugoslavia for Christ's sake. That would be like us asking you to send troops to help us out in Florida. Pathetic.

And then you expect us to run everything past you in the United Nations Security Council, and listen to you whine and b!tch about our every move? Fock you. You are the child at the dinner table. If you aren't picking up part of the check, I don't give a damn what your opinion of what I order is. You don't get a say.

That usually shuts them right the fock up.

I learned this one the hard way, through a drunken fight with a Brit and a Frenchman in Southeast Asia :thumbsup: