Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Can we all agree to burn the cliche "If he plays for his team, he plays for me"?

This is a cliche in fantasy that needs to die in a fire and never come back. For those not familiar, its the old adage that you start your stud if he suits up for his team even if he isnt at 100%. The idea is that if you bench him and he goes off, your idiot buddies will laugh and ride you all week. Im done with this, iv prob been done with this for a year or so. Raise your hand if you started Roddy a couple years ago when he was routinely questionable but kept starting. How bout last year when Calvin and AJGreen were decoy status for a few weeks despite starting? The colts were bad all around but did anyone have confidence in Hilton last night? How did Evans do? Alshon gave it a go week 1, then missed this week. This needs to stop. If a guy isnt 100% or close to it, hes not starting for me. for every guy that guts out a miricle 2 td game while banged up, there are 5 more that completely dissapoint.

I understand alot of guys are banged up all year but I mean the game time decisions. Great example is Lacy this week. They are saying he may play and split with Starks. No chance in hell im starting Lacy.

Lacy is also the Monday night game for an extra slice of bumfuckery.

You either have to go get Starks or play someone else on Sunday. If you faff around waiting for a GTD on Lacy,,guarantee you'll be screwed.They'll split carries or something equally annoying.

I'm just going to roll with a safe decent floor option like Gio or Gordon.

Oh, and I've never heard the cliche, but I agree in principle that all sayings should be ignored. Ignorance is bliss. Doh.

It depends heavily on the individual player, as well as on the coach/team. I owned LT for years in a keeper league, and the only time he left my lineup was when he was officially Out. And it rarely burned me, until about the last year he was in SD, which is when I knew it was time to let him go. Before that year, if he played he was the sort of guy who gave it everything, and the coaches were the sort of coaches who gave him the ball when he played. So I tempered expectations, but he met them, far more often than not. He more than anyone else brought me a ton of success.

I also had Randy Moss for a bunch of years. Moss I would bench, occasionally, when he wasn't 100%. Again, player and system concerns.

My friend who introduced me to to FF told me that saying always start your studs. My first year ever playing I ignored it and looked at who was performing well and matchups. I won the championship. He has never won the championship. 8 years playing with a group a buddies 2 time champ. Only league I care about.

Ivory, active, didn't play a snap. Lynch, healthy, not in the game and didn't start, probable goose egg. Can I get some props for trying to help the fftoday community with my sound advice not to play guys who aren't healthy but active?