Sign in to follow this  
iceman0918

Trade help please, Newton for Luck (answer mine and I'll answer yours)

10 team league, 6 pts/td (all), 1 pt/25 yds passing, 1 pt/10 yds rushing/receiving, -2 for each INT, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR no flex

My team has Newton, A. Peterson, D. Freeman, AJ Green, B. Marshall, and Cobb

Trade offer is Andrew Luck and A. Cooper for Newton and Cobb

I can take the drop from Cobb to Cooper, but worried about Luck. Is he trustworthy enough to be my QB1, or do I stick with Newton who is more consistent with a higher floor, but potentially a lower ceiling then Luck. Plus Luck still has his bye week.

My other QB's are P. Manning, and M. Ryan.

Thanks! Less

Yeah I'd do it, Luck is averaging 2 more pts per game in my league but we have messy QB rules, no penalty for int but don't get pts until 125 then 1 pt per 25 after that, 6 pt td's.

But I don't see Cobb to Cooper as a downgrade at all, if anything with Cobbs performance thus far it's an upgrade. Plus it's just your bye week filler I presume anyways with green and marshall.

Luck has had back to back great weeks, slow start then an injury but now appears to be back on track to be the stud people drafted him as.

I would take Luck since he will put up numbers - especially in he division they are in and the way they like to pass. You never know with a trade, but this seems worth it.

Thanks for mine

I agree with the above. If it were only 4pts for Passing TDs and 6 for rushing, I would keep Newton and Cobb. Since it is not, I think Luck puts up the better numbers and could be worth the slight downgrade to Cooper (although Cooper has been more consistent so far).

Please vote on mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=450096