Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Dontrelle Inman

The first thing that probably popped in your mind "Who in the hell is he?" Well he is the newly starting wide receiver for the San Diego Chargers. He is 6'3" ad Phillip Rivers loves tall receivers. I don't know much about him other than a highlight reel on Youtube which looks like he might have spent a year in the Canadian league and he played college football at Virginia. Is he worth picking up since the Stevie Johnson is #1 receiver now? I know about Green, Gates and Woodhead. However, Rivers takes chances like Big Ben and he wants to win bad! His yoga exhaling at the end of the game was hilarious but says it all. So is Dontrelle Inman the next big receiver to step up for the Chargers? I don't want to wait until he come off of the bye to get him with a wavier priority when I can get him now as a FA.

I have had him at various points this year on my dynasty teams. He is on both of my teams for the remainder of the year. Malcom Floyd is also supposed to retire, so this is a great opportunity for him. He has great height, good size overall, and he is a good athlete.

The only issue really is Rivers. When does he start trusting new receivers? He seems to stick to what he believes works. Im not saying he will flat out ignore this guy, but to be a consistent fantasy receiver on the Chargers, Rivers has to turn that player into a target monster.

Hes definitely worth an add to see if he does evolve in that offense.

I'm pretty sure Inman is only out there is 3wr sets so far. Not saying there isn't potential value in that with rivers throwing at a record pace, just that he isn't pulling in starting snap counts. Seemed like SD ran a lot of 2te sets Monday, too. What did the snap counts look like?

I'm pretty sure Inman is only out there is 3wr sets so far. Not saying there isn't potential value in that with rivers throwing at a record pace, just that he isn't pulling in starting snap counts. Seemed like SD ran a lot of 2te sets Monday, too. What did the snap counts look like?

Who else is going to be out there in 2 wr sets? The chargers were down to 3 receivers Monday, one of them was the guy they just brought up from the practice squad. I guess if Floyd still gets to start then Inmans value doesnt change immediately. Heres the thing for me, Malcom Floyd isnt that good. A very solid pro for sure, but are they really gaining anything by putting Floyd out there with a torn labrum over a kid who is healthy and has some potential?