Sign in to follow this  
Draft Discussion

Talk about the draft here... Who made good picks? Who reached for a prospect? Who is the team to beat (not me!)...

Good luck to all...

Talk about the draft here... Who made good picks? Who reached for a prospect? Who is the team to beat (not me!)...

Or who was the team that passed up on Mike Trout!

:thumbsup:

I have made 1 & 2 for 1 & 2 draft pick offers to owners drafting after me in the first round. Won't pick until a deal is NOT made, ...or somebody agrees to make a switch.

....and we're off to the races!

Not surprised by posty's pick. Had Springer and Puig in OF already as keepers and could even put Bryant there in a pinch. Stacked OF already = take stud 1B. Makes sense to me...

Good luck, everyone!

....and we're off to the races!

Not surprised by posty's pick. Had Springer and Puig in OF already as keepers and could even put Bryant there in a pinch. Stacked OF already = take stud 1B. Makes sense to me...

Good luck, everyone!

I was wondering too, but that does make a lot or sense.

I would have been fine with Andrew McCutchen at the 1.07 pick, ...but I already have Marte and Polanco as keepers. Would have been crazy to have three OFs so early, ...with ALL THREE on the same team. I like Stanton, ...but a bit too injury prone for my taste, ...and yes, ...another OF. Pleased to get Altuve, ...got him later in the draft in 2015. Fine with Encarnacion, ....but those old legs need to hold up for one more tour of duty.

Wow, this is going to be a tough draft - LOTS of 1st-5th round talent already rostered as keepers this season.

Looks like we're slowing down today... On the other hand, since we weren't supposed to start until tomorrow, I guess we're in good shape.

Interesting takeaways from first 5(ish) rounds (to me anyway)...

Posty trading up to get 4 picks in the top 35. Combined with his keepers, what an awesome start. Scary team...

FoulLine drafting like my home town Patriots - trade down, trade down some more, then all of a sudden he's picking 6 times in two rounds... :-)

It's the 5th round and no Brewers on Godfather's team yet. If it doesn't happen at the turn of the 5th/6th, the world may end. (Or he's finally come to the conclusion that the Brewers $uck)

Anybody heard from Godfather??

Crickets... Tried texting last night and this morning.

Crickets... Tried texting last night and this morning.

He hasn't signed into the forum in over 40 hours....

Godfather has surfaced - needs 20 mins or so...

Godfather has surfaced - needs 20 mins or so...

Maybe he had a hit put out on him??

:dunno:

I was thinking that the cement shoes are hard to walk in...

So torn, how many times are you going to jinx my team before the season starts? I know Joe isn't playing anymore, but cut some slack please...

Hey you gotta do what you gotta do to win The Dugout Hardballers League... If you have to put a few hits out on your way to victory ... it's not personal it's just the price a Champion has to pay.

Hey you gotta do what you gotta do to win The Dugout Hardballers League... If you have to put a few hits out on your way to victory ... it's not personal it's just the price a Champion has to pay.

Maybe that has been my problem since day one...

Maybe that has been my problem since day one...

Dodging all the hits put out on you? Or just not putting enough hits out on your competition? I'd imagine if you constantly had to be living in fear looking over your shoulder it would probably cut into the free time required to hire a proper hit man.

Haha!! :clap:

Sorry for delay fellas. I honestly just wasn't looking at my phone. Won't happen again.

Looks like we're slowing down today... On the other hand, since we weren't supposed to start until tomorrow, I guess we're in good shape.

Interesting takeaways from first 5(ish) rounds (to me anyway)...

Posty trading up to get 4 picks in the top 35. Combined with his keepers, what an awesome start. Scary team...

FoulLine drafting like my home town Patriots - trade down, trade down some more, then all of a sudden he's picking 6 times in two rounds... :-)

It's the 5th round and no Brewers on Godfather's team yet. If it doesn't happen at the turn of the 5th/6th, the world may end. (Or he's finally come to the conclusion that the Brewers $uck)

Yea, I haven't really liked the value for the first couple Brewers' guys when it was my turn... but its coming! lol

So torn, how many times are you going to jinx my team before the season starts? I know Joe isn't playing anymore, but cut some slack please...

It's only the sixth round... Many hexes are still to be conjured. :thumbsup:

It's only the sixth round... Many hexes are still to be conjured. :thumbsup:

You are definitely under your one jinx per round average...

If my draft goes to "hell in a hand basket", I will be blaming varga for taking Garrett Richards at 6.11... I had no idea whom to take then...

And with pick 7.07, Godfather's head goes boom

We should have a contest as to when strombn takes his next bat with a pick...

sent Posty a list for the 9th round

Gots it... I will be online until about 5:30pm ET, so if it doesn't get back to you, I will send it to someone else.

I don't pick in the 9th or 10th if anyone wants to send me a short queue list I'd gladly pass it along.

Any report on kysar? Saw him online an hour or so ago, but now he's offline again.

Removed for the Night?....

I think it means he's not keeping the "OTC" updated.

I think it means he's not keeping the "OTC" updated.

Correct, since I will be crashing probably soon...

Just a heads up - tomorrow (Thu, 3/17) I'll be in an all day meeting from 8:00am-4:00pm ET. Cell phones need to be off... I also have a doctor's appointment at 4:45p and will be offline for that time as well.

So, this may lead to some delays for my picks. I'll try to check in during breaks and at lunch. If we're close to my selection, I'll try to proxy a pick to someone.

Apologies in advance for any delays I may cause.

sorry for the delays guys, I'd love to say it won't happen again but that would be a lie as I'm sure it will. I'm trying my keep up.

All the Best,

Alex

Just a heads up - tomorrow (Thu, 3/17) I'll be in an all day meeting from 8:00am-4:00pm ET. Cell phones need to be off... I also have a doctor's appointment at 4:45p and will be offline for that time as well.

So, this may lead to some delays for my picks. I'll try to check in during breaks and at lunch. If we're close to my selection, I'll try to proxy a pick to someone.

Apologies in advance for any delays I may cause.

Well hopefully we can cruise and get to pick 135 before your meeting tomorrow

Amen to that... :-)

Not at this rate :sleep: