Sign in to follow this  
Draft Discussion

I'll be hit or miss tomorrow but should be able to proxy. I have family in town Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'll do my best to keep lists with me - I hope that I don't slow us down much.

I texted torn a picture of the picks since his... Hopefully he will be checking in at lunch time...

Notes while we wait:

• It must be a trip to have a 10-month old baby. Kysar-Alex Collins. I'm 56 years old and have a 19-year old. Also, I 'acquired' two step kids (age 12 and 20), ...when I remarried in 2013. Yeah, ...I remember babies, ...they're cool. :thumbsup:
  • This morning, ...I tried to draft Yordano Ventura. Torn caught the mistake. I was happy to get Collin McHugh.
  • Later, ...Godfather-Antonio, tried to draft Iglesias. I caught the mistake. Us veteran owners have failing eyesight. :shocking:
  • I thought I was going to have a devil of a time participating in this draft. I had a trial starting in Texas on Monday, ...very high profile, ...will be covered by Dateline NBC. Very nerve-racking. :shocking: Last week, the prosecution pushed for a continuance--and got that approved. The trial will happen in June/July, ...allegedly. I will let you guys know when the episode is expected to run, ....if ever.

Stephen Vogt is my favorite pick that I've made. This guy can absolutely rake I think he could have a huge breakout this year. I got nervous the catchers started to go was crossing my fingers Vogt would make it to me as I was going to take him if McCullers didn't fall with my last pick... So now I'm crossing my fingers McCullers can pitch 175-180 innings this year.

Notes while we wait:

• It must be a trip to have a 10-month old baby. Kysar-Alex Collins. I'm 56 years old and have a 19-year old. Also, I 'acquired' two step kids (age 12 and 20), ...when I remarried in 2013. Yeah, ...I remember babies, ...they're cool. :thumbsup:

Yeah, Sienna Paige Collins came into the world on May the Fourth be with you of last year. She is absolutely amazing, but sleep is at a premium currently. I'm happy to share pictures upon request. She has been a joy :doublethumbsup:and a challenge :nono: . She is now mobile and about to start walking :shocking: . I'm looking forward to a great, fun journey and eventually being able to sleep again.

• Like 1

Beautiful little girl, Alex - thanks for sharing photo... :thumbsup:

Also, thanks to posty for helping me out with proxies today. Glad I was able to keep the delays reasonable. On a quick break right now.

• Like 1

I don't know if I can deal with another baby... My 15-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son is hard enough...

Just to keep things in perspective we have 16 more days to get in 18 more rounds. So we should really shoot to complete at least a round every day if not more. If we keep cruising like we were this morning we shouldn't have much problem with that.

Just to keep things in perspective we have 16 more days to get in 18 more rounds. So we should really shoot to complete at least a round every day if not more. If we keep cruising like we were this morning we shouldn't have much problem with that.

It would be nice to have a day where we get in 3-4 rounds because you still have to allow for me to put in rosters...

It would be nice to have a day where we get in 3-4 rounds because you still have to allow for me to put in rosters...

Right on... Rosters would have to be fully put in on April 2nd. I have a feeling we will keep crushing today and into this weekend.

Ted

Shelby Miller was kept in the 18th round by Happy Harry

that wasn't very nice of him

Man after my pick at 13.01, I have seen a lot of guys that I was looking at for my next two picks fly off the boards...

:(

Eesh, I think my picks at 14.12/15.01 were ugly ones and now I sit until 18.03...

Wow...

Eesh, I think my picks at 14.12/15.01 were ugly ones and now I sit until 18.03...

Wow...

we can only hope that this will derail your championship run :thumbsup:

Wow...

I saw those two picks and said to myself, "Self, why are you even playing this year - does this thing have auto-pilot mode?" While there was NO hope of winning before these two rounds, now posty is just rubbing it in. Invincible - a complete :lock: I'm guessing this is why Brom hasn't picked - he's given up.

For the record all of the text messages I have sent Bromley (since retrieving his # from the contact list posty emailed) they all have failed. Is anyone else actually getting texts through? I called and left him a voicemail, phone rang as if it were in service... Hopefully all is well with Bromley.

Could've sworn Hisashi Iwakuma was taken, took him off my list for some reason :wall:

Could've sworn Hisashi Iwakuma was taken, took him off my list for some reason :wall:

I initially drafted him and then changed my mind for Luis Severino...

I initially drafted him and then changed my mind for Luis Severino...

Good, thought I lost my last few marbles.

17 rounds in the books...

How's your draft going so far? According to plan? Way off course? Surprises? These make or break middle rounds are the toughest for me. Reach for the prospect or wait a round? Fill in a hole or take a best available approach? Sleeper time or grab the established vet? Roll the dice on a health risk?

I was going with a plan until we got to round 14. I was going to punt saves and keep building up bats and SP. We got to 14 and I saw a handful of viable saves on the board and said what the heck, maybe I'll be able to get 2 and stay in the saves hunt week to week. Committed myself to it and now wish I hadn't... Got two low end closers and lost out on guys like Kang, Conforto, Schoop and Story who I stupidly hoped would linger until my two picks in round 17.

I was somewhat happy to get DeShields - 2 cat player, but I was light in the SB department and he will help there. At least one of the rookies on my list fell to me at 17.08... Am hopeful Arcia gets the call up in June or so. That should line up nicely with Tulo's annual extended DL stint. LOL

Yeah I honestly thought I was reaching a bit on Kang... With his slow recovery and all. I was between waiting on Kang / Story....

Oh also now that Trevor Story was drafted I can throw out the fantasy team name:

The Trevor Ending Story

I'm at work 11 - 2 today... Heading there now. It's very rare I can check my phone over that time. But text me the picks and I'll see if I can get a proxy in without holding up the draft. Or text me if you pick behind me and could take a preemptive pick. 847347O746

17 rounds in the books...

How's your draft going so far? According to plan? Way off course? Surprises? These make or break middle rounds are the toughest for me. Reach for the prospect or wait a round? Fill in a hole or take a best available approach? Sleeper time or grab the established vet? Roll the dice on a health risk?

I was going with a plan until we got to round 14. I was going to punt saves and keep building up bats and SP. We got to 14 and I saw a handful of viable saves on the board and said what the heck, maybe I'll be able to get 2 and stay in the saves hunt week to week. Committed myself to it and now wish I hadn't... Got two low end closers and lost out on guys like Kang, Conforto, Schoop and Story who I stupidly hoped would linger until my two picks in round 17.

I was somewhat happy to get DeShields - 2 cat player, but I was light in the SB department and he will help there. At least one of the rookies on my list fell to me at 17.08... Am hopeful Arcia gets the call up in June or so. That should line up nicely with Tulo's annual extended DL stint. LOL

I am not sure how my plan is going or if I ever do have a plan with these drafts (maybe that is my problem on why I never win -- and the jinxes)...

I think the thing that has bothered me was trading up to get early picks with FouLLine and then I missed out on a lot of players in the mid-rounds... I am not sure if I would do that again, but one never knows...

I probably reached on LeMahieu and d'Arnaud but knowing that I wouldn't pick for three rounds or so, I wanted to at least get players that I wanted and filled out my starting lineup in the process...

I don't know how I am feeling with my team right now... I guess I will see how I fill out with my last 11 picks...

I am not sure how my plan is going or if I ever do have a plan with these drafts (maybe that is my problem on why I never win -- and the jinxes)...

I think the thing that has bothered me was trading up to get early picks with FouLLine and then I missed out on a lot of players in the mid-rounds... I am not sure if I would do that again, but one never knows...

I probably reached on LeMahieu and d'Arnaud but knowing that I wouldn't pick for three rounds or so, I wanted to at least get players that I wanted and filled out my starting lineup in the process...

I don't know how I am feeling with my team right now... I guess I will see how I fill out with my last 11 picks...

well, I wanted both LeMahieu and d'Arnaud. They weren't reaches imo.

I'm reasonably happy with my draft thus far. Health & Age are going to be my big issues with pitching: Felix, Tanaka, Kuma. Very happy with how things fell. Was shocked to get McCutchen with my first pick - my RP feels like a bit of a disaster just missed out on the guys that I wanted repeatedly. It will be interesting to see how this falls in later rounds. Trading up and back seems to have worked out most of the time. Generally speaking I like my team which means that I'm certainly going to miss the playoffs this year...I mean who can compete with Posty?

Just FYI - If it does somehow get back to me tonight, I won't be picking until later tomorrow morning. Going out with the boys and will be sleeping in/nursing a hangover in the early morning, I'm sure. :cheers:

And posty is going to win... No stopping him.... (evil)

kysar is busy with family and he won't be able to pick until about 4:30pm PT (at the earliest)...

He is sorry for the delay...

Torn taking Orlando Arcia! :nono:

Whoops.... :dunno: I wanted to get a couple of guys from my prospects list and the prospect run started a little earlier than I expected. Glad I was able to snag him.

Grumble... Glasnow... errr... Strickland... :mad: I guess I'll blink in the staring contest and finally take the shlub with the crooked cap off the board...

Pedro Strop was a keeper

• Like 1

Pedro Strop was a keeper

Well, I'll be d@mned - the crooked cap thing actually has a following.... :dunno:

Well, I'll be d@mned - the crooked cap thing actually has a following.... :dunno:

Doesn't CC Sabathia also wear it crooked?

Doesn't CC Sabathia also wear it crooked?

CC has been caught cocking his hat from time to time... Gangsters.