Sign in to follow this  
BoxFullofJoel

Ajayi or Doug Martin

Wondering what the thoughts are , I have both in my dynasty league. I think Ajayi is super talented and undervalued for next year. But Doug had a great contract season in 2015. I also have Freeman and Langford. I am thinking of trading Doug for a draft pic and keeping Ajayi. Am I over thinking it ? Or should I sell high ?

Martin Douglas has been invested in by his team... Ajayi has oppotunity and upside, but would it surprise anyone if they drafted a back next year or brought in a $ free agent? Its a tough call. Ajayi is the far riskier bet. Douglas is older but still pretty young....

I like Martin more .

I'd guess you would quite a bit more for Martin? Most sites I've looked at have Martin a top 7 or 8 dynasty back, where Ajayi is in the late teens, around guys like Duke Johnson and Aamer Abdullah (other backs with big upside but no professional resume). Martin could probably get you a top 5 pick, where Ajayi might be a late 1st/early 2nd and some change?

Keep Martin. Ajayi is unproven and could be in a crowded backfield before Martin would in the near future. You could probably get almost as much from an Ajayi lover in comparison to Martin.

Wondering what the thoughts are , I have both in my dynasty league. I think Ajayi is super talented and undervalued for next year. But Doug had a great contract season in 2015. I also have Freeman and Langford. I am thinking of trading Doug for a draft pic and keeping Ajayi. Am I over thinking it ? Or should I sell high ?

I see no reason why you would keep Freeman and dump Doug Martin.

as it is a dynasty league, you should be able to keep all RB's but I suspect there are some roster limits.

if you are going to dump anyone it should be Freeman, as there may be people out there who will pay way more than what he is worth. I am not suggesting that Freeman is terrible. But some will look at those 4x 30+ point fantasy games he got early in the season and pay a small fortune when, in reality, you should expect 15 fantasy points per game out of him. (which isnt bad)

If someone offers you that kings ransom for Freeman, then take the deal. Otherwise, your RB's look just fine to me.

my policy is not to trade top players away for draft picks (unless you are getting a kings ransom), because draft picks may never realize the potential you draft them for. Proven talent is worth more than potential. just ask yourself, how many cant miss prospects ended up as busts?

I see no reason why you would keep Freeman and dump Doug Martin.

as it is a dynasty league, you should be able to keep all RB's but I suspect there are some roster limits.

if you are going to dump anyone it should be Freeman, as there may be people out there who will pay way more than what he is worth. I am not suggesting that Freeman is terrible. But some will look at those 4x 30+ point fantasy games he got early in the season and pay a small fortune when, in reality, you should expect 15 fantasy points per game out of him. (which isnt bad)

If someone offers you that kings ransom for Freeman, then take the deal. Otherwise, your RB's look just fine to me.

my policy is not to trade top players away for draft picks (unless you are getting a kings ransom), because draft picks may never realize the potential you draft them for. Proven talent is worth more than potential. just ask yourself, how many cant miss prospects ended up as busts?

I havent seen any kings ransom trades for Freeman. I was offered Freeman for Bell. That was an easy no.

I havent seen any kings ransom trades for Freeman. I was offered Freeman for Bell. That was an easy no.

no doubt. I cant think of any reason why anyone would make that deal.

but there are definitely some out there who think Freeman is comparable. I'm not one of those people, but some people definitely feel that way.

The reason trades happen is because not everyone values each player the same.

Freeman is one of those guys where each fantasy owner will value him differently. (sometimes by a significant difference) That is partly because of his low floor and high ceiling. And partly because some will look at those 4 straight games where he put up unbelieveable numbers and people will ignore all the bad.

Wow. You won that deal.

agreed. cant argue with that.

I wouldn't keep Ajayi for anything. He's a completely unproven back on a mediocre offense with a new coaching staff. No way in the world I'd keep him. Trade him for a tunafish sandwich on draft day and you'll be happy!

I wouldn't keep Ajayi for anything. He's a completely unproven back on a mediocre offense with a new coaching staff. No way in the world I'd keep him. Trade him for a tunafish sandwich on draft day and you'll be happy!

as a #4 RB (and that's what he is in that lineup) hes ok. He's slated to be the starter. Normally a RB4 is a primary backup (or handcuff) who you expect to play if someone gets injured.

the reason you dont trade him is because you wont get anything in return. You are better off to take a chance to see if he can perform behind that rebuilt line in Miami.

If he puts up some numbers in the first couple of games, then you can trade him and get a tangible asset.

if we knew more about his lineup limitations we could probably give him better advice here.

If he has to dump a RB due to roster limitations, then yeah, hes a non keeper and he should trade him for that half eaten sandwich.