Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye21

Thoughts on my draft?

Had my first serious draft Sunday that has money involved. It's a 12 team league, 1 PPR, TDs over 40 yards are 10 point bonus, players that return kicks and punts get 6 points for TDs. Roster is 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 1DST and 1K with 6 bench spots. No position requirements during the draft. I had the 8th pick which I really dislike this year. I decided to wait on QB and TE in order to load up on RBs and WRs since there are still 4 weeks before the season starts and I don't want any injuries to hurt my team. QBs and TEs went much earlier than expected so I was left scrapping the bottom of the barrel. There were teams taking their second QB and TEs before I grabbed my first.

QB Andy Dalton

Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB Ezekial Elliott

Gio Bernard

Duke Jonson

T.J. Yeldon

Charles Sims

DeAndre Washington

WR Allen Robinson

Brandin Cooks

Golden Tate

Tyler Lockett

Travis Benjamin

Josh Doctson

TE Zach Miller

DST Vikings

I really like your team , great job .

Looks good. Second RB is a potential weak spot, but there's decent options there. Great WRs. TE is a real weakness, might need some waiver wire help there.

TE is a major weakness for me but it wasn't planned. One guy in my league took Gronk in the first round and Reed in the third round. Others were taking their starting TEs in the normal rounds but all were taking a second TE in the next couple rounds which caught me off guard. While they were taking second TEs and QBs I was grabbing the best RBs and WRs available. Miller was bascally the best TE available but I'm not too concerned this far before the season starts though. I have a feeling a lot of guys will be dropping one of their extra TEs to make room for another waiver player. There were actually two teams that took three TEs. Almost every team has two QBs, two TEs and some even have two defenses. They all have 4 to 5 RBs and I'm the only one with 6.

With us draft 4 weeks before the season starts I wanted to load up on the positions that are hardest to fill and that's RB and WR. I think replacing the QB, TE and finding a K are easy right before the season starts.

Don't see any problem with your Te postion , Miller came on late last season diffently a workable player. .

One of the guys in my league that drafted 3 TEs already dropped Eifert. I picked him up right away even though he's going to missed the first couple games most likely. I basically got him for free though which just proved my strategy right on waiting on TE in the draft.

The big question on my mind right now is if I should pick up Morris off waivers as a handcuff to Zeke. I would like to do it but not sure who I would drop. I'm also going to have to drop a player when I pick up my kicker. This is the hardest part when drafting all these guys and no kicker, I have to drop one.

I would drop doc for kicker. I was ok with Miller coming into the season, but now I'm thinking it might have been the Gase effect. Glad u got Eifert u should be good at TE now. I would wait to drop Washington for Morris until after this weeks preseason game. I think u must handcuff since rb2 spot is a ?

You almost killed it. QB and TE could be better but you should be okay. You are stacked at WR for PPR and you have great potential with the guys you took for rb2 and later.