Sign in to follow this  
uwmalcolm

Gates owners...is anyone rolling with Henry?

Gates is gimpy again (shocking) and many have limited options on the wire. Is anyone choosing his backup Hunter Henry? Pretty sweet name and has had some praise from coaches:

Chargers coach Mike McCoy believes second-round TE Hunter Henry can "do it all."
Speaking Thursday, McCoy noted that Henry "had another great one-handed grab in practice today." He also praised the rookie's blocking. The Mackey Award winner as the nation's top tight end at Arkansas last season, Henry is staring at his first career start with Antonio Gates (hamstring) looking doubtful. He's on the streaming radar against the Colts' soft defense. Sep 22 - 4:12 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11299/hunter-henry

Rivers obviously knows how to use a TE and the Colts aren't exactly a steel wall against TEs (seeing 12th most points to TEs in PPR), plus it may be a shootout with a O/U of 51. But thats an unknown quantity of course.. They're lacking bodies without Allen and Woodhead (thanks for killing me gentlemen), so you'd think a decent TE would be targeted by Rivers.

Me personally, I'm in this bind because I was carrying Bennett and didn't drop him before his freaking Thursday game. Now have to drop someone of consequence for Hunter, Walford, or MacDonald. Who here loves Thursday games? :thumbsdown: :Mr-T: :dunno: (man this full computer version has some sweet emoticons...gotta remember the codes for them in mobile...if someone could put out a list that would be sweet! :banana: ).

Are there no other west coast Gates owners staying up late and drinking whilst making their finest fantasy decisions? Well then, I'm dropping Tyrod Taylor for Walford and will hope I can get him back. Picked up Tannehill to play ahead of Tyrod and Winston because I absolutely need a win. The good news is I'm 0-2 in that league and we have the worst waiver system of resetting to inverse standings. Usually hate it but when you start out rough and are active on the wire it is a glorious thing! :thumbsup: .

P.S. If the Hawks lose to the Niners you will likely never hear from me again. Got some suicide packs going at the stadium tomorrow. :music_guitarred:

PPS. Sorry for the excessive emoticons...the options are just amazing on my laptop and I'm on the mobile 24/7. Didn't even know that you can like posts....the software geniuses need to enable that ish as I appreciate the frequent jewels that I glean from you crazy FFTodayers who post on the regular and would like to give props when they are due. :first:

• Like 1

Update that no one will care about: they let me drop Bennett for some reason. I just wanted to see if it would work and for some reason NFL.com allows you to drop a player that has already played. That actually might be noteworthy for anyone playing in a league hosted there. Dang it...I want to have that guy for when the Aaron Hernandez days come back into effect in New England. Nothing is more embarrassing than carrying 3 TEs and 3 QBs on your roster when there aren't deep benches though. At least I'm at 3/2...slightly less pathetic. Insert gratuitous emoticon :lock: . Good luck tomorrow ladies and gentlemen.

Are you rolling with Henry? I am between Henry and Burton, both are longshots.

go Burton, Rookie TES tend to suck.