Sign in to follow this  
klaatu

Doug Martin or Peyton Barber?

I have both. It's looking more like Martin will play, but the pundits seem to be split on which to roll with. What do you guys think? I have to play one of them.

Barber's stats werent outstanding. I think if Martin plays, you may just as well take the shot with him. While there is the chance they wont give him a full workload, I'm starting to think that Martin getting 10-12carries may be equal to Barber with 14-16 carries. And I dont see Barber getting more carries than that if Martin plays.

Most likely the best move is to start neither of them, but that may not be an option for you.

So if these are the only choices you have.... if Martin plays, I'd start him.

Barber's stats werent outstanding. I think if Martin plays, you may just as well take the shot with him. While there is the chance they wont give him a full workload, I'm starting to think that Martin getting 10-12carries may be equal to Barber with 14-16 carries. And I dont see Barber getting more carries than that if Martin plays.

Most likely the best move is to start neither of them, but that may not be an option for you.

So if these are the only choices you have.... if Martin plays, I'd start him.

I agree as a Martin owner. I'm not going to play him this week but I can see it like Miller/Blue last week. Barber will be on the field a lot but Martin might get the high value goal line carries. If Martin scores you will be decent but if he doesn't you are going to get a very low floor.

I agree as a Martin owner. I'm not going to play him this week but I can see it like Miller/Blue last week. Barber will be on the field a lot but Martin might get the high value goal line carries. If Martin scores you will be decent but if he doesn't you are going to get a very low floor.

Yeah, in terms of expectations I'd say without a TD both players could be a bad start.

I would go with Martin.