Sign in to follow this  
scottsind

Tight End Trade... Need Immediate Support

I have the opportunity to trade for Greg Olsen, but have to do so by the game tomorrow. Should I pull the trigger and trade Tyler Eifert for Greg Olsen? Doing so, I will have to give up a middle round draft pick for next year, but I want to go for glory as it is my first year in the league. I just don't want to make this trade with giving up future picks if Eifert is going to explode because AJ Green isn't there for a while. Or does Eifert get doubled like last week and get taken out of games? I think Greg Olsen is the safer bet with the better rest of season schedule, but wanted to ask what some different opinions were on the subject. I have a very nice line up and if I am one piece away from making a serious run I want to do it. Let me know what you think. Thank you!

Scott

Tough one. I would go with Olsen. Just safer from a targets/schedule viewpoint. Both have high ceilings (Eifert may have a little more TD upside but close) and Olsen has higher floor.

If you have Olsen already (on roster in post?), Keep him.

If you have eifert now, I wouldn't trade him for Olsen AND give up a pick. Yes, if even up.

good luck

Olsen has been solid for sure, but I don't think he gives you any more upside than Eifert, who was a redzone beast last year. I would think that Cincy would lean heavily on him now with AJ and Gio out.

I would Eifert.

Just to make myself clear I would be trading away Eifert to obtain Olsen, and have to give up a middle round pick for next year. From the comments it seems like I should just stay pat with Eifert. I just hope they don't double him down the rest of the season. Thank you for the quick responses!

My roster posted in the signature is for a different team. Sorry for that confusion.

From your signature it looks like you pulled the trigger. I'd say it's a good trade. If you have a chance to win go for it. The draft pick will sting a bit next year but won't really matter much because you can make up for it with a good waiver pick up early in the season.