Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

League Rules Regarding Trades Now with Thursday Games

We luckily havent had this issue yet but I can foresee this being a problem at some point.

So it used to be that trades had to be done before 1pm games in order to have the acquired player be allowed in your lineup the same week. But now with every week having a Thursday game have you guys changed your rules?

The problem I see is say a team is fighting for a playoff spot and they have players going thursday, and the players under-perform. So they go out and make a blockbuster trade on friday and then plug in those players for sundays games. No I am not saying to replace any players that played thursday of course but I am saying having known some of the results of your head to head game you are able to go out and trade players you might not have been willing to unless you knew you really had points to make up in order to win.

Thoughts?

I'm fine with it.

One of those rules that doesn't give any one specific team an inherent advantage, even though one team may end up getting shafted by it. But every team is equally as likely to be the one getting shafted.

I'm fine with it.

One of those rules that doesn't give any one specific team an inherent advantage, even though one team may end up getting shafted by it. But every team is equally as likely to be the one getting shafted.

hmm

then would you be alright with being able to trade after the 1pm games and play an acquired player at 4pm?

I guess you could theoretically mortgage your future for a must-win week, but it seems like a fairly unlikely scenario to me. Mark me down as not worried about it.

ok thanx for the answers...

I just see it creating a new scenario that wasnt possible b4. And yes I worry it will upset someone on the losing side all along the victor will be dancing his victory dance

Theres never a situation where I dontwant to score the most points possible. Guys underperforming on thurs wont make me want to score more points on sunday than I already wanted to score.

hmm

then would you be alright with being able to trade after the 1pm games and play an acquired player at 4pm?

umm, I guess. Presuming there's no collusion and all the people in the league are on the up and up.

I don't think I've ever witnessed something like that in my dozen years playing fantasy so I don't think it's something that I'll worry about; but I guess if everybody is aware that it's a possibility you can take advantage of, then why not?

Theres never a situation where I dontwant to score the most points possible. Guys underperforming on thurs wont make me want to score more points on sunday than I already wanted to score.

of course same here, but what if you lost a game cuz your opponent went out and traded for players that helped you lose?

umm, I guess. Presuming there's no collusion and all the people in the league are on the up and up.

I don't think I've ever witnessed something like that in my dozen years playing fantasy so I don't think it's something that I'll worry about; but I guess if everybody is aware that it's a possibility you can take advantage of, then why not?

it hasnt happened either , but since these thursday games I am trying to be proactive and consider if a new rule needs to be added to prevent this or not

ok thanx for the answers...

I just see it creating a new scenario that wasnt possible b4. And yes I worry it will upset someone on the losing side all along the victor will be dancing his victory dance

sure, but I presume though that the standard deal would be probably giving up a better year long player that perhaps has a bad matchup that one week, for a worse overall player but that has a better matchup that one week.

thus they only get a short term boost, but are probably adversely affected in the long run, so the integrity of the league as a whole is still intact.

of course same here, but what if you lost a game cuz your opponent went out and traded for players that helped you lose?

I'd personally be mad of course because I lost, but I'd also be mature enough to know that it's a legal move that every owner (including myself for that matter) has equal access to.

being commissioner isn't about ensuring everybody is happy; it's about ensuring the league is fair.

• Like 1

I'd personally be mad of course because I lost, but I'd also be mature enough to know that it's a legal move that every owner (including myself for that matter) has equal access to.

being commissioner isn't about ensuring everybody is happy; it's about ensuring the league is fair.

of course, but until these thursdays became the norm this wasnt possible. this is what I am trying to point out. This has changed so now there is a new angle that you only have right after the thursday game that you dont have with any other game.

But I guess maybe I am overreacting. thanks

We allow trading of any player up to the start of their game. Several Friday/Saturday trades have been made, some in response to Thursday performances. Hasn't hurt anyone.

OK, well I guess I was wrong in my thinking. I just didnt think it was fair since other players couldnt be acquired after the other games besides the thursday games. but I respect the overall opinion. tried having this in a conversation with the commish but anyone questioning anything with him he throws a hissy fit like its offensive that its being questioned. Some people have ego's way to big.

but again, thanks for the replies

I don't think it matters what we think because ultimately you aren't going to shut down trading on Thursday evening and any rule you apply would be too specific not to have a million caveats... long story short: just stick to sunday mornings or whatever you use.

Our rule is that the trade needs to be completed at least 24 hours before the first game of the week for the traded players to be available for your lineup. The 24 hours is then used for other people to object to the trade. I'm not a fan of the rule, but nobody in my league trades anyway, so it hasn't caused any controversy. You can make trades on Saturday or Sunday, but the traded players won't be available until the following week.

• Like 1