Sign in to follow this  
Squintz82

Cunningham's impact on Tarik Cohen

I've seen a ton of posts discussing Cohen's value with Trubisky under center. However, I haven't seen anyone discussing his usage last week with Cunningham coming back from injury. John Fox seemed to reduce Cohen's snaps to get Cunningham involved on passing downs, which seemed a bit concerning. Does anyone think this is a trend going forward? Cohen was clearly the better player on the field, and has had good value splitting with Howard. But adding a 3rd RB into that backfield seems like a mess.

Good point, something I didn't notice. That's 3 to 5 touches loss for Tarik.

If anything more than breather, then it is a concern.

The Bears don't seem to have a clue as to how to best utilize Cohen's talents. If he continues to see under 20 snaps a game and Cunningham sees most of the 3rd down work, you're completely relying on him busting loose for a 50 yd TD. No thanks.

They switched out Glennon. Let's hope that's the first step for them to properly use their talents.

I am slotting in Cohen just to keep myself entertain for Monday night.

I think there is an impact. It's going to take away some touches. Not a ton but some. Either way last night I traded Tarik for Cobb and J Stew. I like Cohen but think his upside is a bit limited.

I think there is an impact. It's going to take away some touches. Not a ton but some. Either way last night I traded Tarik for Cobb and J Stew. I like Cohen but think his upside is a bit limited.

As someone stated above, it had to do with the game being over, and they were just getting Benny some reps. It's still Howard and Cohen.

As someone stated above, it had to do with the game being over, and they were just getting Benny some reps. It's still Howard and Cohen.

The game was not over when Cunningham was rotating in.

The game was not over when Cunningham was rotating in.

Some might say for the Bears that 'the beginning of the end' of a game is sometimes shortly after the coin toss.

Benny played same amount of snaps as Cohen last game. That's definitely a concern. But this week, there is a total reboot of offense with the new QB.

This week will determine how Cohen will be used going forward.