Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Leagues with Super Flex. Need Advice

So a league that I have been in for many years added this.10 Teams and We start QB-Rb-Rb/Wr-WR-WR-Super Flex-Te-K-Def

With that said I am sure everyone will have a 2nd qb in that spot. With this lineup setup when should I draft the 2nd QB?

I'd go hard for 2 stud QB's. Based on that lineup requirement and league size it should present the biggest advantage. Who knows when your league decides to start drafting them. Start the runs, don't follow them.

• Like 1

Not sure in a 10 teamer.....but in a 12 team league if you want a decent #1 (Rivers, Ryan, maybe even Ben) you have to get one by the 5th. On your 2nd it depends who you are comfortable with.....you may have to go back to back if you are picky...... If you can deal with ( Eli, Bortles or Kennum) you can wait til the 8th or 9th..... I assume this changes by a round or two in a ten teamer. I also think it's worth get 4 core players before a QB even in a superflex league.

I've been in a 10 team superflex for about 12 years now, yes, the OP(open position) should almost always be a QB based on 6 pt. TDS. There will be some exceptions with bye weeks and sleepers that emerge later in the year.

QB's have gone as high as #1 but usually somebody will take the first QB at the turn in round 1. Before everyone started taking WR's in the 1st round you'd see 3 QB's go in round 1.

To be honest, you can pretty much do any of the prevailing draft strats and have a great looking team. 10 teams and QBs drafted early means great players dropping rounds all over the place. You'll be able to reach for a guy you believe in while the safer choice drops a round later.

I've been in a 10 team superflex for about 12 years now, yes, the OP(open position) should almost always be a QB based on 6 pt. TDS. There will be some exceptions with bye weeks and sleepers that emerge later in the year.

QB's have gone as high as #1 but usually somebody will take the first QB at the turn in round 1. Before everyone started taking WR's in the 1st round you'd see 3 QB's go in round 1.

To be honest, you can pretty much do any of the prevailing draft strats and have a great looking team. 10 teams and QBs drafted early means great players dropping rounds all over the place. You'll be able to reach for a guy you believe in while the safer choice drops a round later.

Think this is right along with my thinking. The rosters aren't overly demanding except at QB position. That is where your added value will be and where your advantage will be. Everybody will have a good RB and 2 good WR's. There are just too many to go around.