Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Robinhood stock app...

So... I opened a Robinhood account today with $100 bucks to fiddle fock around with penny stocks... 

My brother invited me and we both got 1 Stock... I got 1share of Fitbit ($5.80), he got Office Depot ($3.71).

Who has got a hot penny tip for me? :huh:

My buddy on another bored,

"I have 700 shares of GLDFF in my Ameritrade.  Real sketch.  Pot and pot oil. 0.09 a share...I started around .13 or .14.... bought half at .10"

Penny stocks have killed me. 

I've been up in plenty.... but had visions of grandeur.... and the price fell and I lost $. 

I had a penny stock HPON/HPNN.... Hop On. They "had" (no they didn't) disposable cell phones. They were gonna make em the next big thing in telecom.   Good in theory.  But thats all it was. I bought at under a penny and the price got to at least .14.  I ended up buying, selling, etc... and finished around even. I was up 18k at one point. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2008/05/30/hop-on-wireless-hop1800-disposable-phone-beware/amp/

My advice... use money you can afford to lose and have an exit strategy/sell point. 

Had multiple people tell me to download it. So I did so, but apparently I didn't do it from their link...so it seems I didn't get a free stock? I dunno.

Nothing in life is free.

5 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Had multiple people tell me to download it. So I did so, but apparently I didn't do it from their link...so it seems I didn't get a free stock? I dunno.

41 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

36 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Nothing in life is free.

I take it back. I got a free share of Chesapeake at $3.18. Coworker got Apple at $188 or something. Lame

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

I take it back. I got a free share of Chesapeake at $3.18. Coworker got Apple at $188 or something. Lame

So you are suggesting I was wrong?

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

So you are suggesting I was wrong?

Yeah, I’ve heard the saying that nothing is free, but I wasn’t really offering an opinion on your claim that it’s super true. I was just updating/correcting my prior post