Mike FF Today

FIX: Run-time Error 1004 When Trying to Update Projections

Guys,

We've heard from some of you about a "Run-time Error 1004" message when trying to update your projections/data on the action tab. This is a result of Excel not liking to pull data from secure web pages (https) like we have now at FFToday.  We've dug around on this (thanks Mike Mac!) and seem to have found a solution that works for most of you in a Windows environment.

Try this...

1. Open up Internet Explorer
2. Go to: Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
3. Scroll down to the "Security" heading
4. Uncheck the box next to: "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"
5. Hit "OK"

Open up the DB and try the update projections button again.

If that solution doesn't work for you on you experience the same problem in a Mac environment, try downloading the Alternate DB file from the Draft Buddy download page. 

I've also seen one reference in this solution to closing IE after completing the steps and before hitting Update Projections, again.

One way you can test the web query connection in Draft Buddy is go to a cell that pulls in the web query - for example, the upper-left corner of the data table on the adp tab - and right-click and select Edit Query. A box should appear showing the web page link and table. Right-click "Refresh" should pull in the results.

This fix worked for me.  I kept getting the dreaded Run Time 1004 error and now I get 'You have the most updated projections' message so all appears good.

Thanks!

Thanks Bob for letting us know. That helps us.

Using Excel for Mac and do not have IE on this machine.  Do you know what to do if Chrome is the default browser?

For those still having trouble with this even after trying the above solution - or couldn't try it because on a Mac - please go to the download page and download the alternate file.

Had a few people report they've had success with this file. The only difference is it pulls the update files from a non-https server. I'll make sure to post the new update files in both places for each of our remaining updates.

Thanks for the solution. I've had no issues with updating the file on my windows laptop and then sending over to my mac. The error only pertains to updating rankings and not actual draft operation correct?

That is right, the problem only happens when Draft Buddy connects to the internet. There is none of that while drafting... unless using MFL Integration I suppose, but the alternate file we posted should all be fine. It connects to a different server, including our MFL Integration program, which appears to work without triggering this error.

Pleased to say we made some progress with this. New video: