Sign in to follow this  
Byrdman5

.5PPR week 5 RB and flex.

Starting CMC, Kupp, Boyd.

So I need a RB and flex

RB’s: Jacobs, Gordon, Breida, Hyde

WR’s: E.Sanders, Fuller, McLaurin

i don’t like Jacobs matchup

Not sure if they will ease Gordon in and what shape he  is in.. but matchup looks nice.

Breida is meh and Coleman is going to be back.. I will probably drop Breida before kickoff.

Hyde consistently blah but maybe he finds paydirt for a good game.

E.Sanders Chargers have been generous to WR1 besides Hopkins.. I have to blame Chargers pass rush for that and bad Watson.

Fuller ATL has given up 7 TD’s to the WR position this year. Will Mr. TD Fuller show up this week?

McLaurin I don’t think I would start him.. Everyone is aware how good this rook is... BB will destroy him.

With the Bears for Jacobs and the timeshare for Breida, it comes down to Hyde and Gordon for your RB.  As you suggest, I think you'd basically be starting Hyde for TD potential, because he doesn't catch many passes and his 60-65 yards per game, though capably providing a solid floor, isn't particularly exhilaration.  But then you'd basically be starting Gordon for the same reason--he's more likely to get a goalline plunge (or two) than he is to get enough carries to pile up 100 yards--and he's a better bet to catch a couple of passes, too, with Rivers down a couple of receiving threats.

Given that the Denver run defense is 30th out of 32 teams, I'm going to say that Gordon is more likely to score than Hyde, and more likely to get a few receptions, though probably less likely to amass more than 60 total yards--so advantage Gordon.

With Sanders as the #13 overall WR in half-PPR scoring, he's the obvious flex choice--you should probably be STARTING him and flexing Boyd, for that matter, but it all scores the same.

Sanders and Gordon, time to play him.