Sign in to follow this  
skydiverd

QB & TE Stream Week 6

Got a much needed win in week 5 to get to 2-3.  Of course now I need another one to just get to 3-3.

QB Stream - went with Dalton week 5 against AZ.  Decent performance.  This week he is on the road in Baltimore.  Their defense is not the same as years past and I am not totally scared of the matchup, but, there may be better ones on the wire:  Minshew vs NO,    Cousins vs Phi    or Bridgewater at Jags.  I am liking Minshew or Cousins here over Dalton, even Bridgewater against Jags is appealing (like Baltimore, that defense isn't what it used to be).  Your thoughts?

TE Stream - Went with J. Graham week 5.  Not great but not a total dud either.  This week he plays the Lions.  Could stick with him, or go for:  G. Everret vs SF,   T Hockenson at GB, C. Herndon vs Dal.  Almost thing to stand pat with Graham or grab Everrett.  Your thoughts?   Hopefully I am close to getting Hunter Henry back.  I think the Chargers are hoping that too...…. LOL

Let's get a win in week 6!  Whoop Whoop! 😎

Cousins does have the best matchup, and the Vikings passing game seems to be a little more energized after the WRs squawked, but man, it's hard to trust a QB whose "great" game was 306/2/0.  I mean, that's only like 2 fantasy points over what Minshew is getting week in and week out (250/2/0 pretty regularly; Saints are a bottom-half pass defense).  If Cousins regresses, then you're back to 225/1/0.  It's also hard to trust Dalton with two of his best WRs out--so Minshew is your best bet here.

At TE, stick with Graham as long as Adams is hindered.

Minshew and Graham. 

Hey good luck 

I like the "Moustache" and Graham too, but against the Eagles, Cousins is tempting. The Eagles secondary SUCKS...really sucks. This is from an Eagles fan for over 40 years (yes, I just admitted to that). Did I mention they suck? I could throw for 150 yards on them. Just sayin'

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I just saw that the guy with the  #1 WW priority has Brissett, who will be on bye, and Brees.  So, I am guessing I will get whatever QB he does not want.  I would guess, based on all the hype, that he will take Minshew, leaving me with Cousins, or Bridgewater.  I can live with that as long as he wins this week, as he is playing the #1 seed in my division LOL.  Maybe I'll get lucky and he wont feel a need to make a claim tonite.  We shall see, but my guess is he will claim Minshew.

Next year, I'm done streaming QB's and will actually look to draft one higher than round 11 LOL.  Although I won doing that last year, and have usually been very competitive with the zero qb strategy for a long time.  This year the pickings are slim with 10 teams holding 2 and one more holding 3. Guess the league figured me out...😫 

9 hours ago, skydiverd said:

Next year, I'm done streaming QB's and will actually look to draft one higher than round 11

Just because you're done streaming QBs doesn't mean you have to get carried away and waste a pick in the single-digit rounds on one.

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Just because you're done streaming QBs doesn't mean you have to get carried away and waste a pick in the single-digit rounds on one.

LOL.  I know.  Just venting..... I've pretty much always used Zero QB.  This year for whatever reason my league mates have gone QB hoarding on me and the pickings are way more slim than usual.  Bastards!!!   And my prediction was correct - Minshew sniped.  So now I must decide between Cousins, Bridgewater, K. Allen, or Dalton for this week.    

5 hours ago, skydiverd said:

So now I must decide between Cousins, Bridgewater, K. Allen, or Dalton for this week.    

Yeah, that's a lot of lukewarmness right there.  I'd probly rule out Bridgewater as being the only one that doesn't have a bottom-6 pass defense matchup, but there are pros and cons for the other three...

Cousins - riding the hot hand against the #27 pass defense, but averaged 11.3 fantasy points per week through the first four weeks.

Dalton - has been in a pretty pass-heavy offense against the #29 pass defense, but now down two of his top three WRs.

Allen - facing the #32 pass defense--and any little dump-off to Christian McCaffrey can turn into a 70 yard TD--but he's only averaged 13.1 fantasy points in his three weeks of play.

Good luck with that!