Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 9 Scoop and Play WR

For those facing bye/injury woes at WR, here are a couple of alternatives. 

(Caveat: I often don't know what I'm talking about)

Zach Pascal - Colts

With the news that Hilton will be on the shelf 3-4 weeks with a calf injury, now is the time to scoop and play Pascal. He will step in as the Colts defacto WR1 against the Steelers, who are in the middle of the pack against WR's this fantasy season. Brissett has shown that he can push the ball downfield and, although he has plenty of receiving options in the pass game, Pascal seems like the most likely candidate to flourish. An unlikely star (to say the least) as an 8th round pick outta Old Dominion, he has impressed coaches and teammates with his solid work ethic, speed and toughness. His special teams prowess as a punt/kick returner make him even more attractive in leagues that reward for that....but I believe he has stand-alone redraft value, as well. After the versatile 6' 2" speedster posted 106 yards and 2 TD's in week 7, he plummeted to earth with a forgettable 6 yards last week.....so the low floor is there. However, for those looking for upside out of a guy still available in most leagues....Blaise Pascal is your man.

Deep Dive: Demaryius Thomas - Jets

Yes, the old man is still quite alive and well.....well, kinda...he has been missing most practices the last few weeks with a hammy, but suits up and plays hard every week. Not to mention, the former FF 1st rounder is poised to make some noise in the coming weeks. Listen, we all know his skillz. He has the track record to prove it. However, being a WR with the Jets isn't exactly attractive....until one considers their schedule the next few weeks: Dolphins, Giants, Skins, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins. Yes, you read that correctly. Of course, everyone is getting on the Crowder/Anderson train....but Thomas has been the steady producer the last 4 weeks against some legit opponents, garnering 27 targets in that time span. This week, the already lowly Dolphins secondary will have no answer for the 5X Pro Bowler.....and they just put Xavien Howard on injured reserve. So, if you are desperate at WR (or just a gambler), fall back on a blast-from-the-past who was recognizable in fantasy circles by only mentioning 2 letters .....DT.

10 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Sold on Pascal. Reminds me of Garçon Circa 2011.

Dropped Kirk. Die Die Die

Summer of 2011 sure was hot...

And in League #2, ADD Pascal, drop C Davis. This was tough. Like breaking up with an EX tough... I kept wanting Davis to change.. for me? But he doesn’t. At least not consistently. He has to do it for him, not me.

As for Pascal, I want him to be mine before anyone else has a chance. I think I love him. I am ready for him to whew me. My legs are spread. 

Stonewall, you are unanimous, unbiased friend who awoken me with this post. Career pending, you have only steered me severely wrong once. 

Im so giddy on the insides right now. Sunday cannot come soon enough...

Well, in the worst case scenario, I will have only steered you severely wrong on two occasions.....which, for this unpredictable pursuit of ours, I can live with.

BTW, FWIW (never can determine if these modern abbreviations are suppose to capitalized or not), I consider you to be the funniest poster on this site......in that dry sorta way.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

C Conley of the Jags. 

Mannnn I had to start Pascal because of kupp being on a bye and hilton being hurt. That is what I love to see coming from a dude I picked up on Wed 

15 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Mannnn I had to start Pascal because of kupp being on a bye and hilton being hurt. That is what I love to see coming from a dude I picked up on Wed 

Had him going in 3 leagues.

Very pleased....