Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Please start renting DVD's to keep the DVD rental stores in business!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/16/media/mcclatchy-bankruptcy-reliable-sources/index.html

A few years back before they went out of business, a local DVD movie rental store had signs on their window and outside on reader boards pleading with people to stop streaming movies, and come on in and rent DVDs.       They even went so far as to chastise their (former) customers.  One sign said "You think streaming companies give back to the community" etc...

Pleading with the public to support horse and buggies when motorized vehicles are available, prolly ain't gonna work.  

Prolly not gonna work for newspapers either.

My wife and I were just talking about this and other similar stores that went out of business thanks to streaming/downloading. Remember going to Tower Records all the time as a kid and teen.

I remember when returning a video to Blockbuster at 12:01AM mean you incurred the next days rental costs... so glad that Blockbuster is suffering...

But yeah, its the buggy whip thing in action right?

When I want to watch some pron I don't run down to the adult book store. Also I am not welcome there anymore. :ninja: