Sign in to follow this  
kujerry

Dynasty league question

To all u guys that run or are in a dynasty league.   When do owners have to remove players from their IR spots and move them back to regular roster spots?   

We have always used March 1st. It's been so long, I couldn't even tell you how we picked that date though.

As commish, its a pain to chase it.  I usually turn OFF TRADE RIGHTS for anyone who still has players on IR.     Turned on once IR cleared out

a league I was in had a rule where, once the season was over, you had a period where the cap and IR dont matter.   so you could make deals that put you over the cap if you want,  and you can have as many on IR as you want, but come Midnight July 31 you have to decide to activate said player or drop them and you have to be under the cap by the same date. 

You also had to declare your keepers for the same date.

This way you could trade for a player that puts you  over the cap, then unload another player later.    generally it encourages player movement.

On 2/23/2020 at 9:11 PM, fugoondo said:

As commish, its a pain to chase it.  I usually turn OFF TRADE RIGHTS for anyone who still has players on IR.     Turned on once IR cleared out

IR was always a pain to enforce.  I was glad when my league finally dumped it altogether.  It forces some tough decisions now and creates some player movement possibilities.