Sign in to follow this  
Byrdman5

How much FAAB on Hines .5 PPR

Go all out on Hines in .5 PPR and spend 90-100% of my FAAB?
My trash Rb’s 

Drake, Lindsay, Moss, Scott, Robinson, Brieda(dropping)

or try to get cheaper guys like Brown and AP?

13 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

Go all out on Hines in .5 PPR and spend 90-100% of my FAAB?
My trash Rb’s 

Drake, Lindsay, Moss, Scott, Robinson, Brieda(dropping)

or try to get cheaper guys like Brown and AP?

AP is probably going to be more consistent than Hines, but I don't think either one is necessarily a "90%" kind of a guy.  You shouldn't be in panic mode with Drake and Lindsay just yet, although we'll know more about LIndsay's prospects after tonight.

I would make a legit bid on them to make sure they don't go for a song, but I wouldn't cripple your FA budget in Week 1 either.  There will be lots of other, potentially more valuable, options as the season progresses.

• Thanks 1

I've got a similar stable of RB's.

Drake, Akers, Lindsay, Cohen, Kelley.
I dropped Hines last week for Kelley. No regrets for that really, but I am going to try to reacquire Hines.

The owners in my long time are pretty conservative. FAAB bids over 30% are rare.

I'm bidding 32 on Hines, and 8-10 on Brown. Between Hines, Kelley and the Rams' RBs, hopefully I score a hit.
But that's my league. It helps to know your opponents' tendencies.

• Thanks 1

I am spending 15% of my FAB on Hines in a full 1-pt PPR.

I have Sanders who missed W1 and it's not yet clear he comes back W2. My other RBs are Drake, Montgomery, Robinson, and Gore. I need to start 3, if not 4. I see Hines as potentially this years Eckler with Captain Dump Off Rivers. I want to spend more, but 15% is a lot for one player after one week.

My 15% wasn't enough. Someone spent 30. I wanted Hines, but not for 30% of my full budget for the year.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Law said:

My 15% wasn't enough. Someone spent 30. I wanted Hines, but not for 30% of my full budget for the year.

Thanks for the follow up post, I planned on using 35% after researching yesterday because I feel like I’m desperate for a RB.

Glad I didn't try to spend more as I'm sure the guy who spent 30% of his budget is not happy.