Sign in to follow this  
DocNiner

Holy Draft Day Trading, Batman

Watched Mel Kiper's mock draft 2.0 on TV and he's projecting several trades that affect the top 10 picks. He actually has 3 QB's going within the first 10 picks. I'm especially intrigued  with him having my 49ers move up from the #12 spot to grab the Lions #7 pick. Mel has San Fran drafting QB Justin Fields. Woohoo!! I have said several times in the past that I think they make a move to try and grab one of the 5 highly touted QB's in this years' draft. Guess they figured the Panthers would grab a QB at #8 and they wanted a shot at grabbing either Fields or Trey Lance. I'm definitely on board with that strategy. Although it just might be Mel's pipe dream but I could see those trades hapoening. Let the 49ers draft Fields, let him sit behind Jimmy G for a year. They may try to trade Garoppolo  if they intend to move up and draft a QB, or they could cut him. If they dump him it would only be $2.1 million of dead cap space lost. Don't really see them cutting him as I'm sure they would try to get something for him. Maybe they'll give Mr. Bill and Mr. Kraft a call to see if they want him back in N.E.                                                      

So,  what are some of you guys' thought on Mel's 2.0 mock draft ? Do you like it or see some better scenarios?

Its still too far away to really care all that much about mock drafts. I think Fields is gone before 7. The first 3 picks will probably go Lawrence, Wilson, Fields. Regardless, with no combine, I wouldn't put stock in anyone's February mock draft.

Yes it is still pretty early to know what teams will do in the draft except for the #1 pick of QB Lawrence and really that could be subject to  and  change. Yet Kiper & McShane are gonna do mocks cause that's what they're paid to do. I don't put a lot of stock in their early mocks but I do feel Kiper is right in that there will be some draft pick trades made early. There are teams in need of a big time QB and.they'll be willing to wheel and deal. Kiper had the 49ers move up to #7. Don't know if it'll be that pick but I DO believe they'll end up trading to an earlier puck for one of the QB. Just maybe a gut feeling but it seems the tone in organization is inpsite of the money they paid Garoppolo they're questioning his future there. So, I think they make a serious effort to move up and get one of the remaining QB's after Lawrence and Wilson. Either Fields or Lance. I don't think they're interested in Mac Jones.

On 2/25/2021 at 4:48 PM, DocNiner said:

Watched Mel Kiper's mock draft 2.0 on TV

Same haircut?

On 2/25/2021 at 6:48 PM, DocNiner said:

Watched Mel Kiper's mock draft 2.0 on TV and he's projecting several trades that affect the top 10 picks. He actually has 3 QB's going within the first 10 picks. I'm especially intrigued  with him having my 49ers move up from the #12 spot to grab the Lions #7 pick. Mel has San Fran drafting QB Justin Fields. Woohoo!! I have said several times in the past that I think they make a move to try and grab one of the 5 highly touted QB's in this years' draft. Guess they figured the Panthers would grab a QB at #8 and they wanted a shot at grabbing either Fields or Trey Lance. I'm definitely on board with that strategy. Although it just might be Mel's pipe dream but I could see those trades hapoening. Let the 49ers draft Fields, let him sit behind Jimmy G for a year. They may try to trade Garoppolo  if they intend to move up and draft a QB, or they could cut him. If they dump him it would only be $2.1 million of dead cap space lost. Don't really see them cutting him as I'm sure they would try to get something for him. Maybe they'll give Mr. Bill and Mr. Kraft a call to see if they want him back in N.E.                                                      

So,  what are some of you guys' thought on Mel's 2.0 mock draft ? Do you like it or see some better scenarios?

Lynch is known to make bold type moves so I can definitely see this happening. Although Lions may want a QB too...

On 2/27/2021 at 4:43 AM, taco breath said:

Same haircut?

Pretty much just not a poofy. He's got to use dye so McShay's youth doesn't show him up too much,lol.