Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Chiefs release OL Fisher and Schwartz

2 minutes ago, cavern said:

it's a good point.  there could be a window closing.  although, i guess the point is that people thought a window was closing on KC

It really becomes about drafting and getting the best out of your young talent.   I think. 

Just now, cmh6476 said:

It really becomes about drafting and getting the best out of your young talent.   I think. 

yes, and Burrow is the important one here.  chase can be replaced much more easily.  burrow is up for extension now, so things could get interesting for them quickly this offseason

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

:cheers:

As much as we heard about Mahomes contract hamstringing the Chiefs, we haven't seen it yet.   

now when Cincy has to pay Burrow on his second contract and chase wants to be the first $30m receiver, then we may see how tough it is to field the rest of your team. 

2 hours ago, cavern said:

it's a good point.  there could be a window closing.  although, i guess the point is that people thought a window was closing on KC

Mahomes got that contract in the summer of 2020 and he's already renegotiated it twice.  They're just kicking the can down the road, which everyone does, and have staved off the window closing another year or two.  Good for them.  But it hits everyone.  It got to Green Bay with Rodgers, Brees in New Orleans, and Brady in New England.  It'll happen.

With Burrow, it'll happen there too.  Teams always put a cheap year or two on the front end of those deals and it allows them an extra year or two with their window.  It's smart, nothing wrong with that.  But, you can only hold off for so long.  One thing that will help KC though, is the ineptitude of their division.  I think it's pretty safe to say that most people expected both Denver and Vegas to have 9+ wins each this year, not 9 total (yeah, I know they had 11), the point remains.  If those two hover around 7 wins or less, it's safe to say that they won't get a win against KC.  I was of the mindset this past year that both Denver and Vegas would be pretty decent.  I'm sure Chiefs fans expected to go 6-0 in their division and 20-0 every year, but the rest of the world probably expected at least 1 if not 2 losses.  The quality of their division (or lack there of), will play a big part in KC's window.