Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Airbnb

Anyone a host for them or have to deal with their customer service?  They're trying to pork me with linguistic gymnastics on a situation where the host canceled on me for no cause 27 hours before check in.  They're saying that, technically, an airbnb agent canceled my reservation, not the host.  Although the host was the one who requested the cancellation be done, it was actually the airbnb agent who executed the cancellation.  They all seem like slimy crooks.

Yeah good luck with that.

What’re you trying to do with it anyway? I assume you were at least refunded, no? You can’t make the person let you into their house or condo or whatever the fock.

Probably best you can do is b1tch endlessly, call em, write a letter, maybe file complaint with BBB, and hopefully they give you something to make it right. People aren’t going to book on that focking site if you just have the rug yanked out from under you.

Anyway, they’re terrible as is VRBO, which I think is actually the same at this point. IIRC most of those sites are owned by and same damn company.

I did get refunded, but I was also 800 miles from home without a place to stay. I ended up having to spend an extra $600 for the place I was lucky to find vacant.

I want them to abide by their rules and place a review on this host's account saying that I was canceled without cause and that she lied about the reason I was canceled. It's also shady as fuk that, in the past several weeks, there have been some negative reviews on this host, but they disappear quickly.

It's funny you mention VRBO, I've used them about 10 times and never had an issue.  I guess it's all in the host that you get.  

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

I did get refunded, but I was also 800 miles from home without a place to stay. I ended up having to spend an extra $600 for the place I was lucky to find vacant.

I want them to abide by their rules and place a review on this host's account saying that I was canceled without cause and that she lied about the reason I was canceled. It's also shady as fuk that, in the past several weeks, there have been some negative reviews on this host, but they disappear quickly.

It's funny you mention VRBO, I've used them about 10 times and never had an issue.  I guess it's all in the host that you get.  

Well bare minimum you should get a $600 credit or something. Be a thorn in their side

48 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Why can’t you write a review? What did they say was the reason?

18 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why can’t you write a review? What did they say was the reason?

Only if the host cancels within 24 hours of check in does it allow the renter to leave a review.  She canceled mine approx 27 hours prior, so no feedback allowed.