Cretins

Keeper choice decision

Argh!  I'm struggling with this decision far too much and keep flipping.

Background: non PPR league, 4 keepers.  Already keeping Dalvin Cook (1st), Nick Chubb (6th) and Kyler Murray (7th)

Now I'm down to two players for my final keeper who will end up as my 3rd RB:

• David Montgomery @ 4
  • Chase Edmonds @ 11.  

Both have a lot of questions, mainly Montgomery with Cohen coming back and Williams looking to steal carries.  I held Edmonds all last year hoping for another David Johnson scenario (he paid off in spades for me as a late round keeper for a few years), so the Conner pickup was a bit deflating after the initial anticipation after Drake moved on.  Between Conner, Kyler's goal line running and Arizona gearing up to be a pass-first team, the luster of Edmonds has faded. 

IN the end, while Montgomery's late season push last year is really appealing, I think I'm down to the theory that Edmonds + whoever I can draft in the 4th will have better potential than Montgomery + whoever I can get in the 11th. 

What say you?  Keep Montgomery @ 4 or Edmonds @ 11?

I would agree. 

9 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Montgomery at 4 for me.

:thumbsup: This.

and its not even close in my opinion

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

:thumbsup: This.

and its not even close in my opinion

I even like Edmonds, he was a target of mine to trade for in dynasty leagues. As per the screenshot at the bottom of my post from the dynasty league made up entirely of fftoday posters.

However, that is ridiculous value for Montgomery, since it is not really the "4th round" since by the time Cretins gets his 4th round pick all of the keepers would be off the board as well, so that is much closer to a 6-7 round pick in a  redraft league. 

https://imgur.com/GRKZzZZ

Thanks guys.  Obviously I was overthinking this!  I actually submitted Montgomery as my final keeper, but with time to change before our actual deadline I kept questioning that choice and started leaning the other way.  Way to set me straight!  :thumbsup: