Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

4.3 million people quit their job in august

On 10/16/2021 at 11:11 AM, JustinCharge said:

the gig economy is soaking up all workers with any sort of work ethic or go-getter attitude.  

you can set up your amazon store and make $25k per month for 10 hours of work.  you can be a freelance programmer or artist.  you can deliver food for $30/hour.  rent your house as an airbnb. this all got started 5-10 years ago and more and more people are figuring out the game as we go along.  no one with any work ethic is going to take some office job where they need to set an alarm to wake up every morning and get yelled at by a boss.  no one with any work ethic will flip burgers or serve tables.

you cant raise wages to fix this, either.  if you raise minimum wage to $30 an hour, that just means your amazon store starts pulling in $50k per month, and food delivery pays $60 per hour.

only solution i see is robot workers for office, restaurant and retail etc.

kids demanding a job offer on the spot and no more than 2 days in the office for executive assistant. i would too.  id work from home as an exec asst and then rake tons of cash on the side with an amazon store.  and if the hiring manager doesnt like it, he can go eff himself. im only applying to your stupid exec asst job to add to my resume but i dont need you at all.  your alternative is to hire a shlub that has no work ethic and will show up 5 days a week for a pittance.  i hold all the cards.

Please spell out the recipe to making $25k per month.  Or are you full of shìt as usual?

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Please spell out the recipe to making $25k per month.  Or are you full of shìt as usual?

Fock, I was just going to ask that.  :wall: 

Don’t forget 10 hours work per week.  :thumbsup: 

Just now, jerryskids said:

Fock, I was just going to ask that.  :wall: 

Don’t forget 10 hours work per week.  :thumbsup: 

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that setting up the amazon store only takes 10 hours.