Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Spent a bunch of my weekend, prepping for winter. BBQ to the garage, Solstice to storage, lawn stuff into the basement.  Glad I did it yesterday, wake up to just downpours. Badgers/Packers victorious, Badgers first win over a ranked (#25) since 2019.  So it's good to see them, maybe figuring out how to get back on track. Not a real exciting weekend here.

In 1990 Evander Holyfield KOs Buster Douglas in 3 for heavyweight boxing title.

Every geek, have a great week!

Good morning Mike!  Had a great weekend — spent Saturday afternoon watching F1 qualifying with my daughter.  The race was in Austin, she is a big fan, and she had plans to attend, but ended up not being able to go.  I’m not a big racing fan, but I know it was important to her and she wanted to come over and watch it at our house.  I was happy to be able to be a supportive parent, especially if it involves just sitting there relaxing.  :thumbsup: 

Went to the Cards / Texans game yesterday, it’s good to get out some more.  Cards fell down early 5-0 so my -20.5 bet wasn’t looking good, but they ended up winning 31-5.  The crowd was understandably pretty mellow. This Thursday’s game vs. the Packers should be crazy (not going unfortunately). There will be the requisite cheese heads — those people who were smart enough to abandon the arctic wasteland of Nowhere Wisconsin for a better place, yet they wear plastic cheese hats to show support for the place they couldn’t leave fast enough.  :D 

Hope all of you Geeks have a great week!  :cheers: 

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Good morning Mike!  Had a great weekend — spent Saturday afternoon watching F1 qualifying with my daughter.  The race was in Austin, she is a big fan, and she had plans to attend, but ended up not being able to go.  I’m not a big racing fan, but I know it was important to her and she wanted to come over and watch it at our house.  I was happy to be able to be a supportive parent, especially if it involves just sitting there relaxing.  :thumbsup: 

Went to the Cards / Texans game yesterday, it’s good to get out some more.  Cards fell down early 5-0 so my -20.5 bet wasn’t looking good, but they ended up winning 31-5.  The crowd was understandably pretty mellow. This Thursday’s game vs. the Packers should be crazy (not going unfortunately). There will be the requisite cheese heads — those people who were smart enough to abandon the arctic wasteland of Nowhere Wisconsin for a better place, yet they wear plastic cheese hats to show support for the place they couldn’t leave fast enough.  :D 

That should be a really great game, wish the Packers had 7 days to prepare. Packers couldn't contain Taylor Heinicke(95 yards rushing), God knows what Murray is going to do to them.  Figure the over might be the safest bet. 

And I was smart enough to move away from the Arctic...I just wasn't smart enough to stay in warmer climates and moved back.   :cry:

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

That should be a really great game, wish the Packers had 7 days to prepare. Packers couldn't contain Taylor Heinicke(95 yards rushing), God knows what Murray is going to do to them.  Figure the over might be the safest bet. 

And I was smart enough to move away from the Arctic...I just wasn't smart enough to stay in warmer climates and moved back.   :cry:

Glad you took my post as the good-natured trolling it was intended to be.  :D 

Where did you used to live when you had your temporary bout of sanity, and why did you go back?  :cheers: 

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Glad you took my post as the good-natured trolling it was intended to be.  :D 

Where did you used to live when you had your temporary bout of sanity, and why did you go back?  :cheers: 

Hey, I'm not such a little liberal snowflake that I can't take a little ribbing...I mean it did hurt a little, but I'll be past it in a few days.  ;)

After college, I moved to Florida to start my career in video production. Wisconsin didn't have enough production companies. or opportunities.  Spent 6 years in Florida, got an entry level job right away and within a year, I became the editor of a locally produced high school sports show, producer the next year. And then the rug got pulled out from under me when the company went from 22 employees to 4. One of the three owners was way ahead of her time in thinking that video and the internet was going to be the next big thing, but her approach was all wrong and it pretty much ruined the company for years.   Bounced around Florida for 3 more years, 2 freelancing 1 as a full time editor(startup that closed with a year) when I found a job in Mi.  Been at the same place for 17 years. Little complacency, cause I did want to be doing something a little more than business/corporate videos, but I work with a great group of creative people, and I get to do some pretty cool creative things on occasion.  So it's all good here.  

39 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Hey, I'm not such a little liberal snowflake that I can't take a little ribbing...I mean it did hurt a little, but I'll be past it in a few days.  ;)

After college, I moved to Florida to start my career in video production. Wisconsin didn't have enough production companies. or opportunities.  Spent 6 years in Florida, got an entry level job right away and within a year, I became the editor of a locally produced high school sports show, producer the next year. And then the rug got pulled out from under me when the company went from 22 employees to 4. One of the three owners was way ahead of her time in thinking that video and the internet was going to be the next big thing, but her approach was all wrong and it pretty much ruined the company for years.   Bounced around Florida for 3 more years, 2 freelancing 1 as a full time editor(startup that closed with a year) when I found a job in Mi.  Been at the same place for 17 years. Little complacency, cause I did want to be doing something a little more than business/corporate videos, but I work with a great group of creative people, and I get to do some pretty cool creative things on occasion.  So it's all good here.  

Florida video production… was that GILF pron? :o  :D  Seriously, thanks for sharing.  

Phoenix is quite the transitory place, a lot more coming in than leaving. After the game our family was talking about the cheeseheads and I said I’ve known a bunch of people, including season ticket holders, who say “I root for the Cardinals except when they play the [xxx].”  It’s inevitable in such an environment I suppose, and I presume I would be the same way if I moved from Phoenix.  I will say though that I don’t agree with the people who then teach their born-and-bred-here children to root for some random team from thousands of miles away.

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Packers wide receiver Davante Adams was added to the NFL's reserve/COVID-19 list on Monday, putting his status for Green Bay's Thursday night matchup against the undefeated Cardinals in question. Adams will need two negative tests at least 24 hours apart in order to play.

I'm taking back my bet on the over prediction if he's out

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Packers wide receiver Davante Adams was added to the NFL's reserve/COVID-19 list on Monday, putting his status for Green Bay's Thursday night matchup against the undefeated Cardinals in question. Adams will need two negative tests at least 24 hours apart in order to play.

I'm taking back my bet on the over prediction if he's out

Wow, any idea if he failed a test, or just was only exposed?  If he already failed I’d say he is most likely out.

51 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Wow, any idea if he failed a test, or just was only exposed?  If he already failed I’d say he is most likely out.

Positive test per Milwaukee Journal.

About six hours after NFL Network reported Barry had tested positive, the Packers announced that Adams was being placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Teams are not allowed to report whether a player has tested positive, but Adams has said publicly that he has been vaccinated and vaccinated players only land on the list if they test positive.

Those who test positive can return to action after passing two consecutive tests 24 hours apart provided they have no symptoms. Based on previous cases with the Packers and in the NFL, it seems unlikely that either Adams or Barry will be available Thursday night.

Less fun for me on Thursday, but I did get that Bucks championship, so I'll let you have this one. ;)  

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I will say though that I don’t agree with the people who then teach their born-and-bred-here children to root for some random team from thousands of miles away.

My Dad did this with me and I'm doing it with my kids. He is from Wisconsin, but moved to NY in his 20s. We are all Packer fans. It's fun because the whole family cheers for the same team. It's kind of a bonding thing to root for the same team with your Dad.

12 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

My Dad did this with me and I'm doing it with my kids. He is from Wisconsin, but moved to NY in his 20s. We are all Packer fans. It's fun because the whole family cheers for the same team. It's kind of a bonding thing to root for the same team with your Dad.

We can agree to disagree.  I could see having the Packers as a second team because Grampa likes them, but at some point you will need to come to grips with the reality that your family hasn't lived in Wisconsin for generations.  :cheers: 

This presumes you move somewhere with a team (or in your case, teams).  If you move to Nebraska or something, that's different.

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We can agree to disagree.  I could see having the Packers as a second team because Grampa likes them, but at some point you will need to come to grips with the reality that your family hasn't lived in Wisconsin for generations.  :cheers: 

This presumes you move somewhere with a team (or in your case, teams).  If you move to Nebraska or something, that's different.

Ya I mean there's no wrong way here. If my kids want their kids to be Bill's fans, then that's cool. Either way is fine.