Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

It's getting a bit cold out there. No Packers/Badgers this weekend, but I did get caught up in a few other games, Baylor v OK State was a lot of fun.  Unlike last night, not a lot of fun at all where I have to face the real possibility that those brats weren't cooked all the way through.  :pukingface:

On this day in 1992 San Francisco Giants sign record $43million(6 years) pact with Pirates MLB outfielder Barry Bonds---Max Scherzer is being paid 300K more than that...for this year!

Every geek, have a great week.

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

It's getting a bit cold out there. No Packers/Badgers this weekend, but I did get caught up in a few other games, Baylor v OK State was a lot of fun.  Unlike last night, not a lot of fun at all where I have to face the real possibility that those brats weren't cooked all the way through.  :pukingface:

On this day in 1992 San Francisco Giants sign record $43million(6 years) pact with Pirates MLB outfielder Barry Bonds---Max Scherzer is being paid 300K more than that...for this year!

Every geek, have a great week.

You too, Honcho! :)

Good morning Mike, geeks!  :cheers: 

Great sports weekend topped off with Michigan winning the Big10 championship, so my wife and family are thrilled!  My MIL (a maniacal fan, more so than my wife) will be here at the holidays so we'll get to watch the semifinal game with her.  Wish it was vs. Cincy instead of Georgia, but as Ric Flair says, to be the best you gotta beat the best.  

Cards win was good of course.  Only bad thing was the Suns losing to the Warriors and breaking their 18 game winning streak.  Well, that and every $#@!@#% parlay I played all weekend lost one and only one leg.  It was quite a gift.  Or a curse.  :wall: 

Missed most of the day games Saturday going to the Tempe Arts Festival.  I'm weird with shopping -- usually I'm like most guys and just shop online for 3 colors of the same [whatever] that I already have and know I like, but occasionally I'm in a mood to shop in person with the hordes.  Since it was outside and the weather was great it wasn't a bad crowd to maneuver.  Got some gifts and one piece of art for me -- a painting of a trumpet player.  I used to play when I was younger, and now with the laryngectomee I physically can't.  I dunno, it spoke to me.

Anyway, hope you all had a great weekend and enjoy the coming week.  Winter is coming to Phoenix, highs in the 60s by the weekend, brrrr.... :) 

College Football is a much better product to watch than the NFL.

Other than the Patriots and Bucs, I don't really care to watch the NFL.

I have watched so much college football the past 3 weeks.

Ohio State/Mich - Bama/Georgia - Baylor/OSU (what a focking ending, how did he come up short. Looked like he hit quicksand at the 2) 

Also @Mike Honcho, Wisconsin vs. ASU in the Vegas Bowl, woohoo! :banana: 

We went to that bowl game a few years ago when ASU played Fresno, had a great time despite ASU losing.  Because, well, Vegas.  :D 

24 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We went to that bowl game a few years ago when ASU played Fresno, had a great time despite ASU losing.  Because, well, Vegas.  :D 

That's the good ASU school and not the trash school Giantsfan attended, correct? 

All this Arizona/Wisconsin action happening, we might have to start making some wagers, pretty sure I don't have an ASU hat in my collection.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Hope you're doing well.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

That's the good ASU school and not the trash school Giantsfan attended, correct? 

All this Arizona/Wisconsin action happening, we might have to start making some wagers, pretty sure I don't have an ASU hat in my collection.

Yes, ASU (Arizona State) is in Tempe, a Phoenix suburb but growing quite large independent of the school.  Arizona (U of A, or UArizona as they are unsuccesfully branding) is in Tucson about 2 hours south depending on your location.

I could probably be talked into a hat bet as the game approaches.  ASU is the worst 8-4 team in the history of college football tho, so I'd just be donating you a hat.  :cheers: 

16 minutes ago, Artista said:

Hope you're doing well.

I am, thanks.  10+ weeks out from chemo, face and body hair growing back well -- in fact I just bought a beard trimmer 'cause I'm keeping it for a while.  Feeling good and grateful for the holidays, can't ask for much more.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yes, ASU (Arizona State) is in Tempe, a Phoenix suburb but growing quite large independent of the school.  Arizona (U of A, or UArizona as they are unsuccesfully branding) is in Tucson about 2 hours south depending on your location.

I could probably be talked into a hat bet as the game approaches.  ASU is the worst 8-4 team in the history of college football tho, so I'd just be donating you a hat.  :cheers: 

Well, I don't just want a hat--- I'll give you the 7 points that Vegas is giving ASU.  Sound good?  :cheers:

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I am, thanks.  10+ weeks out from chemo, face and body hair growing back well -- in fact I just bought a beard trimmer 'cause I'm keeping it for a while.  Feeling good and grateful for the holidays, can't ask for much more.  :cheers: 

Awesome. Happy holidays!

12 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Well, I don't just want a hat--- I'll give you the 7 points that Vegas is giving ASU.  Sound good?  :cheers:

Let me think on it.  I'd probably rather do a straight up bet; winning a hat for losing but covering seems wrong.  :dunno: