Torn

VOTE - Eliminate Negative Stats - PLEASE REVIEW

I've frequently gotten requests to replace or simply remove the negative stats from the scoring. I'm not a big fan of them either, so I'm onboard with it.

To keep this from going into a deep rabbit hole, I am proposing the following options:

A. Keep them as is

B. Remove them and go 6x6

C. Replace batter K's with Hits and Pitcher Losses with Quality Starts

Let's vote on this now before keepers are finalized and/or the draft is underway.

Tough. I think removing negative stats removed some strategy and skill but also I don’t really care lol

for example I think it makes it easier just to stream pure volume instead of being mindful of a starting pitchers matchup etc. 

I vote for keeping the current scoring.  I think it is one of the great things that brings in some strategy how you want to set your lineup.

I am interested in replacing them but do not like having wins and quality starts as that seems fairly redundant to me.  I feel somewhat similarly about hits and batting average.  I think we should have this vote be if we should remove the negative stats and if we decide to remove them then we have a subsequent vote of which stat to replace them with.

I vote to remove the negative stats.  

My vote is A. Just seems like less skill needed to draft and build a team without considering those categories. As I mentioned earlier, someone can just stream middling free agent pitchers to stack Ks and grab a few wins without worrying about the matchups and downside of potential losses. 

on a separate note, I don’t view quality starts as being too similar to wins. Many pitchers get quality starts without the run support required for the W or their bullpen blows it. QS is one of my favorite categories. I prefer it to complete games and or shutouts.

meh - i'm rather indifferent on this.  Used to be strongly opposed to offensive Ks and Ls.  I do prefer QS over W.

A for sake of ease.

I can't say I have a strong opinion either way, though the strategic wrinkle for picking pitchers is interesting (even if I am still terrible at it!), so I would also vote A.

OK - we have more than enough votes to just keep things as they are. Thanks for the feedback.