Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR Khalil Shakir, Bills

Draft Profile

Team Fit: Shakir has a rare motor and can do a bit of everything on offense. (He logged snaps out of Wildcat, at running back, on jet sweeps and as a returner for the Broncos.) His concentration is particularly impressive in contested-catch situations. His 38 1/2-inch vertical jump shows up on film, but he rarely looks like he is moving like a receiver capable of running 4.43. As such, he may be limited to a possession receiver role in Buffalo. Shakir will not threaten Stefon Diggs, Gabriel Davis or Jamison Crowder this year, but he could surprise a bit if one of those three gets hurt.

I drafted him 29th overall in my rookie draft.  He reminds of Amon-Ra St. Brown.  A bit smaller.  Not necessarily a burner, but I'll be damned if he doesn't just get open all the time.

5 hours ago, nobody said:

I drafted him 29th overall in my rookie draft.  He reminds of Amon-Ra St. Brown.  A bit smaller.  Not necessarily a burner, but I'll be damned if he doesn't just get open all the time.

I have him 26th on my non-SF rankings, so I'm on board. You're right about him getting open so often.

well, hes in the right place to light it up.   once he adjusts to the pro game, he could be a player.

A younger plus athletic Cole Beasley is a fine WR 2 or 3 in PPR.  

I also think he could play outside if needed.  That would make him an option to get on the field if Diggs, Davis or Crowder miss time.  

On 5/1/2022 at 12:53 AM, The Football Guru said:

Draft Profile

Team Fit: Shakir has a rare motor and can do a bit of everything on offense. (He logged snaps out of Wildcat, at running back, on jet sweeps and as a returner for the Broncos.) His concentration is particularly impressive in contested-catch situations. His 38 1/2-inch vertical jump shows up on film, but he rarely looks like he is moving like a receiver capable of running 4.43. As such, he may be limited to a possession receiver role in Buffalo. Shakir will not threaten Stefon Diggs, Gabriel Davis or Jamison Crowder this year, but he could surprise a bit if one of those three gets hurt.

And if none of those three get hurt, then the guy doesn't stand a chance? Oh, this competition. But it's for the best, the players have to prove their right to play. 😎