Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

What Type Of Workout Do You Do ?

I do a bunch of different things depending on how I feel and what time I have:  HIIT class, lifting/cardio/hoops at the gym, lifting or rowing at home (on hold while we stay at a rental during our remodel), hiking, shooting hoops at the park (jog there to get heart rate up and move quickly through shots, usually about 30 minutes total).  Golf once a week or every two weeks.  Yesterday my son and I moved a washer, dryer, fridge, piano, bed, and some other stuff around the house, so I considered that a workout.  Today I cut the grass which wasn't enough so I'm planning a quick trip to the gym once lunch digests.  I try to do something most days.  "Rest days" are good but I tend to do an easy hike or cardio as the "rest," to get the muscles moving and  burn off the lactic acid.

I also tend to struggle sitting still, so I'll walk around the house doing things.  I usually end up with at least 8K steps at the end of a day, even if my workout didn't involve a lot of walking/running.

One thing I really miss is yoga.  I haven't figured out how to do it with the limitations from my surgery (basically, I can't bend over or really even lie flat). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

What's the workout called that involves sitting on couch watching football and drinking beer?  That's the one I do religiously. 

3 times a week for me.