Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

WR Joshua Palmer LAC

Joshua Keith Palmer 23 y.o. WR for the LA Chargers. Drafted 3rd round 2021 out of Tennessee.

2021) 17 GP, 49 tar, 33 rec, 353 yds, 4 Tds

2022) 6 GP, 40 tar, 26 rec, 240 yds, 1 Td

Palmer had a concussion week 6, but is expected back week 9 following the Chargers bye. With Mike Williams (high-ankle sprain) out for an unknown period - reportedly "multiple weeks", Palmer becomes the #2 banana. Keenan Allen (hamstring) has already missed several weeks and nobody knows what his time-frame is, or if he can even stay healthy. As such Palmer could wind up as the #1 banana for the short-term. Last week, Herbert targeted Palmer 12 times. If the Chargers can get the offense rolling like last year, Palmer could be a sweet pick-up for the next few weeks. Currently owned in less 27% of leagues.

Week 9) @ ATL

Week 10) @ SF

Week 11) KC

Palmer is not very good. I understand the volume concept and he’s certainly worth consideration for that reason alone, but let’s not get carried away.

Palmer had 3 Tds in the last 5 weeks last season with Allen and Ekeler out. And that was as a rookie. Now with Williams out.... could be solid.

I doubt there's another Wr on anyone's free agency with more potential.

I've invested in Palmer and annoyed everyone with my evangelism about him since before his rookie year, but he doesn't seem to ever be on the same page with Herbert.  I suspect he'll take the Mike Williams role, but expect a lot of hands being thrown up between Herbert and Palmer because they're wondering what the other was thinking.