Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

Commanders release QB Carson Wentz

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

maybe.

I think hes a starter.  just not a high end starter.

but if looking at what he did I would not look at the Washington film.   Washington has been a dumpster fire at best.    he was not in a position to succeed there.   

12 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

maybe.

I think hes a starter.  just not a high end starter.

but if looking at what he did I would not look at the Washington film.   Washington has been a dumpster fire at best.    he was not in a position to succeed there.   

You may be right. A lot of teams need a QB. He'd make a decent bridge QB for someone 

He's just had too many injuries early on but he was once an MVP candidate

He's just not the same. He's a good back up though but I wouldn't want him as a starter

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

You may be right. A lot of teams need a QB. He'd make a decent bridge QB for someone 

that is kind of my point.

Tampa has decent WR still.  he might be able to carve out something decent there (unless TB is still on the Trask train)

personally I dont believe in handing a job to someone.  I believe in making them earn it.   if I'm TB I'd sign Minshew and have a QB competition.   if he cant beat out Trask, he does not deserve the job.   

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

that is kind of my point.

Tampa has decent WR still.  he might be able to carve out something decent there (unless TB is still on the Trask train)

personally I dont believe in handing a job to someone.  I believe in making them earn it.   if I'm TB I'd sign Minshew and have a QB competition.   if he cant beat out Trask, he does not deserve the job.   

I'm not sure that Carson even wants to play football anymore. There were questions about his dedication way back in his Philly days. He's made enough money that he never has to work again, retirement wouldn't shock me. 

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

I'm not sure that Carson even wants to play football anymore. There were questions about his dedication way back in his Philly days. He's made enough money that he never has to work again, retirement wouldn't shock me. 

well, if he doesnt love the game anymore, its a good time to quit.

in this business if you are not in 100% you might as well pack it in.