Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Dang It I Have To Play Pool Tonight

Buddy that always has a team and I shot for years back called me cause he needs a shooter for tonight. I haven't even played a game in 4 years and also don't drink now. Wow should be fun.

Holy #####. I was going to start a thread about pool. My son has hung out/played pool at local joint and he turns 21 tomorrow. The plan is to go play few rounds as he never got to drink there then meet up with family at local beirgarten. 
He is good at pool. I suck at it. 

• Like 1

My pool table collects dust. Its been about 3 years since I last took the cover off. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Holy #####. I was going to start a thread about pool. My son has hung out/played pool at local joint and he turns 21 tomorrow. The plan is to go play few rounds as he never got to drink there then meet up with family at local beirgarten. 
He is good at pool. I suck at it. 

That's cool about your son and I started in my teens. The Color of Money movie is what perk my interest.

10 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

That's cool about your son and I started in my teens. The Color of Money movie is what perk my interest.

Yeah he has been playing there for at least 5 years. I have 2 friends (separately) that play there and go to tournaments all over the country (retired) and when he’s there shoot with him and give him pointers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Yeah he has been playing there for at least 5 years. I have 2 friends (separately) that play there and go to tournaments all over the country (retired) and when he’s there shoot with him and give him pointers. 

Awesome he gets to lean some stuff from them.

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

My pool table collects dust. Its been about 3 years since I last took the cover off. 

Yep. I got rid of our pool table.   If I've got time to play games it's going to be cards or video games.  And if I'm setting up a bar/mancave a dartboard would get more use and take up a lot less space.  

Played a ton for about 12 years.  Then stopped about 12 years ago when my son was born.  He's getting close to the age where he's going to want to hang out with friends on Friday/Saturday nights, might have to pick up my sticks again.

grew up in a bowling alley/pool hall in my high school years.  Tales of a misspent youth, but I learned more there than I could anywhere.  My son in Colorado is probably easily in the top 10 pool players in the state.  9 ball, call your pocket in order from 1 ball through 9 ball is now the game of choice for him & the tourney players.  I grew up playing straight pool-first guy to pocket 50 balls-call your pocket-no slop.

if in a bar I can still run the table in an 8 ball game 1/3rd of the time.  bar table mind you as they are a little smaller & rails & pockets not so tight.  A full 4 X 8 I'm going to have some problems with longer shots.

cheers!

• Like 1

I won 1 out of 3 games and shot pretty good and was on the 8 ball the two I lost and never was able to get a good shot at the 8 and only bank shots which I was off on them though. 4x8 and nice straight table and one of the best I played at being a bar.