Sign in to follow this  
Upsman89

Keeper help.5 ppr 9th pcik 12team league

We can keep 2 keepers a year every  year  the keepesr goes up  draft by 1 round  .

Barkley 11 round  definite keeper 

Ridley last pick 

pollard 5 round 

Fields 10 round  a

As of right now i have Barkley  and Ridley 

Pollard.  

13 hours ago, Upsman89 said:

We can keep 2 keepers a year every  year  the keepesr goes up  draft by 1 round  .

Barkley 11 round  definite keeper 

Ridley last pick 

pollard 5 round 

Fields 10 round  a

As of right now i have Barkley  and Ridley 

This is actually close.....Lets measure this via ADP analysis.

Barkley is for sure a keeper.  we dont need to debate that.

Ridley is a last rounder.  not sure how many rounds that is but lets assume its a 16 round draft.

hes going pretty close to the turn of round 3/4

Pollard is a 5th round guy who is going as the 7th RB overall going in the 2nd round.

while the number of rounds you are upgrading is greater for Ridley and hes awful tempting Pollard is viewed by the market as being the higher end player.    in reality this is likely a lot closer than it looks because I do think Ridley outperforms his ADP by a reasonably significant margin.   But I think Pollard is going pretty close to where he should be.

the reality is... the higher ranked player usually is the one you want to keep.   its just like in a multi player trade usually the person getting the best player ends up winning the trade.   similar concept.   in this case the best player is Pollard.

so I'm inclined to agree with Weepaws in recommending you keep him and Barkley,

For this year, yes it's close and I tend to agree with the above. However if you feel Ridley is going to start progressing back onto track as a elite wr1, I would sacrifice the potential drop in value for this year for the future. Not saying I trust Ridley to be that, but that's a very real possibility. Are you a gambling man?