bimmer

Who to pick #1?

First time getting 1st pick overall ... 0.5 PPR standard yahoo scoring... who would you pick ? CMC, JJ or Chase?

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, K, D

Thanks.. WHIR!

I have my top four in this order.  

Jefferson

Ekeler

Chase

McCaffrey 

Have fun with it. Go with your gut.

Don't  be a slave to ADP.

Most ADPs say Jefferson, but if you got #1 pick, take who ever you want... Bijan, Kupp, CMC...who ever you want👍

Good Luck!

2 hours ago, Beer22 said:

Have fun with it. Go with your gut.

Don't  be a slave to ADP.

Most ADPs say Jefferson, but if you got #1 pick, take who ever you want... Bijan, Kupp, CMC...who ever you want👍

Good Luck!

That’s true for every pick, but the OP is asking a question, why not answer the question. 

Lets try it again.  Who would you take with the very first pick .5 ppr, who’s your pick? Of course this pick would be the one you want.  Come on tell us? 

I actually like Bijan best...  but you could probably trade down a few spots and still get him.

3 hours ago, Beer22 said:

I actually like Bijan best...  but you could probably trade down a few spots and still get him.

Just curious as why you're so high on Bijan compares to the consensus players before him... not mentioning Bijan is a rookie ...

On 8/31/2023 at 9:21 AM, bimmer said:

Just curious as why you're so high on Bijan compares to the consensus players before him... not mentioning Bijan is a rookie ...

I'll put the points in numbered order:

1)   Bijan's scouting report suggests he is fully ready to step into a featured role.     hes maybe one of the best first round RB's in some time

2) Atlantas O line is fantastic.  maybe one of the best blocking O lines (if not THE best)    if you not convinced, Allgeier, a 5th round talent put up 1000 yards running behind this line.   now with a beastly RB the upside is very large.   -good as he is for redraft, hes even better if you run any kind of a keeper format because you can hold him for multiple years.

3)  the pass game isnt super robust, so I could see the team going run heavy to protect their young QB until he develops to the point where the pass game is to be feared.

there is downside risk too.     Yes he is a rookie.  not a guarantee of success but typically RB is the one position where a top rookie prospect is actually likely to step in and make an impact on day one.   there is the chance he shares carries with Allgeier especialy on 3rd downs if he doesnt pick up the blocking part of the game, but overall the upside is greater than the downside on this issue.    the other downside risk is the team has not been outstanding.   if they lose more than they win, the gamescript may work against Bijan late in games.

that said, when a team adds a stud RB one thing will change significantly:   Time of possession.    this means even if the defense is no better than they were last year, they will spend less time on the field and thus, give up less points by default.    so the team will be better than they were last  year and they dont play in an overly strong division.  in fact, it may be the weakest division in the NFL. 

Tampa (now without Brady, likely a sub .500 team)

Carolina 

New Orleans

all teams in this division were 7-10 except for Tampa who won the division with an 8-9 record.

noting that Tampa lost Brady I dont see them winning the division again.   You dont typically replace a 4500-4700 yard passer and be a better team the next year.

and none of these defenses are scary good.  They play each of these teams twice.    so its a nice schedule.    I predict success.   

I personally think the division crown is between New Orleans and Atlanta this year.    They could win as many games as they lose (most likely outcome) but may do better.