Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

Dynasty League Roster

So we just finished our Rookie Draft this year and I need a kicker still. I'm maxed out on my roster so I need to drop 1 player now. My roster:

QB: Lawrence and Tua

RB: Mattison, J. Conner, D. Cook, A. Kamara (on IR due to Suspension), K. Miller, T. Allgeier

WR: Kupp, AJ Brown, C. Ridley, G. Davis. D. Slayton, Gallup, Peoples-Jones R. Shaheed, J. Addison, M. Wilson

TE: Kelce and Kittle

DEF: Cowboys

Who is the odd man out so I can grab a kicker? Thanks for the help!

Shaheed.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Shaheed.  

either him or Wilson.   I am leaning towards Wilson as shaheed is one year further in his development so there is a bit less risk there.

but in my mind it should be either Shaheed or Wilson.

Wilson has a lot of intagibles (blocking, special teams play) that make him the better player overall but you dont get fantasy points with blocking ability and rarely get fantasy points with special teams play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

either him or Wilson.   I am leaning towards Wilson as shaheed is one year further in his development so there is a bit less risk there.

but in my mind it should be either Shaheed or Wilson.

Wilson has a lot of intagibles (blocking, special teams play) that make him the better player overall but you dont get fantasy points with blocking ability and rarely get fantasy points with special teams play.

Agreed but I'd lean Shaheed or Wilson but either one is the right choice

19 hours ago, rotisserieking said:

Agreed but I'd lean Shaheed or Wilson but either one is the right choice

I admit it is close.

I'd pitch wilson but if someone did Shaheed I wouldnt fault them for that call.   it is a close call.

Basically I picked up Shaheed last year like week 10 or so. Held on as a just in case player. I drafted Wilson (3.07) in our Rookie Draft this year. I realize his qb situation is not good right now but between his size (biggest WR on Cardinals) and camp success, I drafted as a flyer. I believe he can be the #1 guy in Arizona. Both guys are my #9 WR on my roster. 

They were both who I had in mind to drop, but wanted others thoughts. Coin flip at the moment. 

3 hours ago, JediMaster said:

Basically I picked up Shaheed last year like week 10 or so. Held on as a just in case player. I drafted Wilson (3.07) in our Rookie Draft this year. I realize his qb situation is not good right now but between his size (biggest WR on Cardinals) and camp success, I drafted as a flyer. I believe he can be the #1 guy in Arizona. Both guys are my #9 WR on my roster. 

They were both who I had in mind to drop, but wanted others thoughts. Coin flip at the moment. 

you are right.  hes big. 

first scouting report I read wasnt super glowing but suggested hes a great blocker and would be a fantastic special teams player.

I pulled a different report and found some good stuff.   His catch radius is very good.  his run after the catch is also good so he can make some big plays.

the following was posted in his scouting report.   his 40 time was 4.58.  so hes a bit slower than you would like him to be.  but his size does make up for some of that.  hes a nice big target for a QB.

Top Reasons For Concern:

• Season-ending injuries (2020 and 2022)
  • Limited production
  • Raw prospect

so he needs some coaching.   the report suggests he will have limited use in year 1.    and the NFL is far more hard hitting than college, so I fear the injury factor with him.  its not generally a good sign to be injury riddled even before you make the NFL.

from the look of it the talent IS there.   I'm just not sure of everything else.