The Commish 2022

Kadarius Toney

I have Kadarius Toney in my Dynasty league, and I've kept him roster-ed for 3 yrs, after that epic flame out last night is it time to drop him?  I have Cole Kmet available on the waiver wire.  On my Bench I have:

1. Matt Stafford
  2. Jonathan Mingo
  3. OBJ
  4. CJ Stroud
  5. Ezekiel Elliott
  6. Sam LaPorta
  7. Kadarius Toney

Playing in the Chief's offense that he has the potential to be a 1000 - 7 guy, but I've been waiting on this "potential" to finally show up.  Should I dump Toney for Kmet?  If not Should I stand pat with my bench and pass on Kmet?  I have until Sunday to make my claim for Kmet.

I always go three weeks before dropping, unless of course of an injury, or a player is so outstanding first couple of games I need to pick him up. Kmet isn’t that player.  I would stay with Toney.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Commish 2022 said:

I have Kadarius Toney in my Dynasty league, and I've kept him roster-ed for 3 yrs, after that epic flame out last night is it time to drop him?  I have Cole Kmet available on the waiver wire.  On my Bench I have:

1. Matt Stafford
  2. Jonathan Mingo
  3. OBJ
  4. CJ Stroud
  5. Ezekiel Elliott
  6. Sam LaPorta
  7. Kadarius Toney

Playing in the Chief's offense that he has the potential to be a 1000 - 7 guy, but I've been waiting on this "potential" to finally show up.  Should I dump Toney for Kmet?  If not Should I stand pat with my bench and pass on Kmet?  I have until Sunday to make my claim for Kmet.

I dont know that I'd grab Kmet with LaPorta on your roster.   I think you are ok there.   and I dont see value in carrying 2 TE's

not to say Toney isnt droppable if you see someone good, but I dont think this is your move.

I also wouldnt mind seeing what this offense looks like when Kelce comes back.    a lot of things with the game plan likely needed to be changed when Kelce was declared out, so that could have been enough to throw the team off.  especially in week 1 when the team hasnt really gotten into the groove of the regular season yet.

I would hold on to Toney for at least one more week...maybe two as weepaws says...one game definitely doesn't mean this will be his season production.  That being said, other people will do the same thing with other starters...abandon them after a week...you may get an opportunity to drop him for something better.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 11:47 AM, weepaws said:

I always go three weeks before dropping, unless of course of an injury, or a player is so outstanding first couple of games I need to pick him up. Kmet isn’t that player.  I would stay with Toney.  

Thanks.  I will admit that I'm a Bears fan so I might be a little of a Homer.  With that said....I have Njoku and Laporta.  I feel like Kmet might give me more stability than Njoku.  I've been waiting for him to break out kinda like Toney.

On 9/8/2023 at 1:24 PM, Ray_T said:

I dont know that I'd grab Kmet with LaPorta on your roster.   I think you are ok there.   and I dont see value in carrying 2 TE's

not to say Toney isnt droppable if you see someone good, but I dont think this is your move.

I also wouldnt mind seeing what this offense looks like when Kelce comes back.    a lot of things with the game plan likely needed to be changed when Kelce was declared out, so that could have been enough to throw the team off.  especially in week 1 when the team hasnt really gotten into the groove of the regular season yet.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm a Bear fan so I have some insight in Kmet.  I felt like He's good for 700 - 7, but that's we get on here to help keep us from not being objective.

6 hours ago, mccnavy76 said:

I would hold on to Toney for at least one more week...maybe two as weepaws says...one game definitely doesn't mean this will be his season production.  That being said, other people will do the same thing with other starters...abandon them after a week...you may get an opportunity to drop him for something better.

Thanks for the response.  I'm gonna hold on picking up kmet.  I think he will be good but not Kelce good.  And Toney might turn into a poor man's Tyrek Hill and give me 900 - 7

44 minutes ago, The Commish 2022 said:

Thanks for the response.  I'm gonna hold on picking up kmet.  I think he will be good but not Kelce good.  And Toney might turn into a poor man's Tyrek Hill and give me 900 - 7

I like Kmet too.   I just dont like the guy tossing him the ball.

with a different QB Kmet might be a legit TE1.    last year it felt like his talent was wasted on that team.  I have to believe it wont get worse than what it was last year, but I cannot guarantee it

• Thanks 1