What does the weekly high score win?

Nada. It’s just so bier can stroke his peen. 😂 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Nada. It’s just so bier can stroke his peen. 😂 

need an extra week after week 1 stroking

Looks like my schedule

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

My turn then.

It wouldn't surprise me. You have a high projected total and my fantasy football luck is sh1t

On 9/16/2023 at 1:35 PM, Bier Meister said:

Week 1: Bier- 141.94

Week 2: shore patrol: 147.28

Week 3: edjr: 154.04

Week 4;

Week 5:

Week 6:

Week 7:

Week 8:

Week 9:

Week 10:

Week 11

Week 12

Week 13:

Week 14:

Week 15:

Week 16:

Week 17:

Week 18:

Does my team not count? :(

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Does my team not count? :(

Edited 

8 weeks, 8 teams. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Updated…

congrats Boston for being the 1st to have two high scores 

perfect illustration thus far of why weekly high score means very little. glad we didn't pass a vote to pay it out. keeping track of it for funsies is cool but otherwise is a waste of pot $.

our regular season points winner appeared once and not until week 12. only 2 teams appeared twice and one of those was herbie with his only two wins :lol:

week 15 udpated.

@WhiteWonder

once again, i disagree with you. i think it adds fun and rewards top weeks (provides incentive).

I believe that this year is an anomaly. it is not typically this evenly dispersed.  

8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

week 15 udpated.

@WhiteWonder

once again, i disagree with you. i think it adds fun and rewards top weeks (provides incentive).

I believe that this year is an anomaly. it is not typically this evenly dispersed.  

I would agree that this is more spread out than I often see....

of course it rewards top weeks.... It's just not really needed in a league where owners are active and trying. I have seen it implemented by commissioners who needed to combat absentee owners who start checking out once their teams are not doing well, but if you have a solid group of league members, it just seems kind of silly to pay out small amounts for a weekly high score. You end up rewarding random high weeks from otherwise below average teams (herbie ... no offense), OR if you do have one or two teams consistently putting up high scores, those teams are likely playoff bound anyway or in the running for season long total points. Rewarding the season long points champ is much more palatable and at least indicative of rewarding a consistently good team. 

Especially in a lower stakes league, I don't get diminishing the pot for 1st-2nd-3rd.     but that's just me

On 12/19/2023 at 12:23 PM, WhiteWonder said:

I would agree that this is more spread out than I often see....

of course it rewards top weeks.... It's just not really needed in a league where owners are active and trying. I have seen it implemented by commissioners who needed to combat absentee owners who start checking out once their teams are not doing well, but if you have a solid group of league members, it just seems kind of silly to pay out small amounts for a weekly high score. You end up rewarding random high weeks from otherwise below average teams (herbie ... no offense), OR if you do have one or two teams consistently putting up high scores, those teams are likely playoff bound anyway or in the running for season long total points. Rewarding the season long points champ is much more palatable and at least indicative of rewarding a consistently good team. 

Especially in a lower stakes league, I don't get diminishing the pot for 1st-2nd-3rd.     but that's just me

Do you ever NOT need to get in the last word?

I feel better now.Carry on.

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Do you ever NOT need to get in the last word?

I feel better now.Carry on.

Haha, sorry if it bothers you / glad you feel better 

I honestly never need to get in the last word.  when it comes to sports and fantasy (the stuff I come to FFToday for) I simply enjoy discussion and if someone @'s me, I assume they want my attention :dunno:. Bier asked for a dedicated Geek Balls forum and I think part of that was for discussion purposes. Granted, it seems that often when true discussion begins, people "don't have time for discourse"... but  I don't see the issue with giving my reasoning against something that I anticipate will be voted on in the offseason

shit, sorry if this counts as getting in the last word 😬 :D

On 12/20/2023 at 3:11 PM, WhiteWonder said:

Granted, it seems that often when true discussion begins, people "don't have time for discourse"

yeah...because we all have the same work schedules and demands 🙄

I am grateful to get two days off this week.