Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

MNF Discussion: Browns at Steelers - Wk2

Just now, nobody said:

That Steeler pash rush better make sure they start being disciplined in their rush lanes or Watson is going to take off.

Odd play though, I wonder why he didn't just run on that one.

And Aikman steals my thought again.  I can do his job if I wasn't so ugly and I could speak eloquently.

Levi Wallace needs to go to speed school.  Jerome Ford just pulled away from him like Usain Bolt

Oh here it is

A fumbled ball may be recovered and advanced by either team (except, in American football, after the two-minute warning in either half or 4th down, when the fumbler is the only offensive player allowed to advance the ball, otherwise the ball is ruled dead at the spot of fumble, except when it is recovered for a loss.)

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I don't think you're allowed to fumble into the end zone.

At least on a 2pt conversion or 4th down... And I want to say under 2 minutes?

This is quoted.

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

when the fumbler is the only offensive player allowed to advance the ball,

And what I said that you left out.

Just now, Gepetto said:

LOL

A fumbled ball may be recovered and advanced by either team (except, after the two-minute warning in either half or 4th down, when the fumbler is the only offensive player allowed to advance the ball, otherwise the ball is ruled dead at the spot of fumble, except when it is recovered for a loss.)

Just now, nobody said:

LOL

A fumbled ball may be recovered and advanced by either team (except, after the two-minute warning in either half or 4th down, when the fumbler is the only offensive player allowed to advance the ball, otherwise the ball is ruled dead at the spot of fumble, except when it is recovered for a loss.)

How can you be so dense and ignore the second part of the sentence which you failed to inform or, but I provided clarity on.

Allow me to translate

A fumbled ball may be recovered and advanced by either team (except, after the two-minute warning in either half or 4th down, when the fumbler is the only offensive player allowed to advance the ball, otherwise the ball is ruled dead at the spot of fumble, except when it is recovered for a loss.)

Normally a fumbled ball can be advance by either team.  The exception to this rule is after the two minute warning or on 4th down.  In that case, the fumbler is the only offensive player allowed to advance the ball.  If another offensive player advances the ball, the ball is ruled dead at the spot of the fumble, unless the offense recovers it for a loss.

English, bro. Do you read it?

• Thanks 1

I pointed out that the fumbler can recover his own ball in the endzone for a touchdown and you ignored that part until finally now acknowledge. 

Just now, Gepetto said:

I pointed out that the fumbler can recover his own ball in the endzone for a touchdown and you ignored that part until finally now acknowledge. 

This is definitely America today.

Guy doesn't know rule.

Guy argues with guy who does know rule.

Guy who doesn't know rule looks up rule and then says rule says something it doesn't say so he can still try and be right.

I mean I'm being pranked right?

I say the offense (other than the fumbler) can't advance a fumble on 4th down and after the 2 minute warning and a 2 point conversion.

Guy says only fumbler can recover a fumble in endzone at any time.

Rule says the offense (other than the fumbler) can't advance a fumble on 4th and after 2 minute warning.

Guy somehow thinks that makes him right.

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

I mean I'm being pranked right?

I say the offense (other than the fumbler) can't advance a fumble on 4th down and after the 2 minute warning and a 2 point conversion.

Guy says only fumbler can recover a fumble in endzone at any time.

Rule says the offense (other than the fumbler) can't advance a fumble on 4th and after 2 minute warning.

Guy somehow thinks that makes him right.

I was wrong about the anytime part. You never mentioned the fumbler could recover in the endzone for a touchdown; you said "

nobody said:

I don't think you're allowed to fumble into the end zone.

At least on a 2pt conversion or 4th down... And I want to say under 2 minutes?"

Browns shouldn't be scared to throw past the sticks here.  Pittsburgh having an extra timeout isn't going to mean anything and a first wins the game.

That challenge was almost as bad as Gepetto's understanding of when the offense can advance a fumble.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nobody said:

Hot Take:

Deshaun Watson is slow now.

Still laughing too hard at his insanely outrageous contract and the fact that he’s not that good. Seems clueless.  Doesn’t make the kind of throws that $250million dollar QBs NEED to make. Looks bored out there.  The poor Browns…. Rolls Royce money for a Chevy.  All guaranteed.  

Both of these teams are clearly tier 3 though.  Neither are going anywhere.  Bad quarterbacks, suspect WRs, running game for the browns is now gone and the Steelers never had one, etc. Sure, both defenses have some individual solid players but you ain’t winning with just that in the stacked AFC. I like Mike Tomlin but it’s going to be a long year for that team.  And the Browns are just gonna do what the Browns do: Not go anywhere.  Sorry.