Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Sticking with Goff in the ship?

For those of you that have used Jared Goff with good success this year, are you benching him for other options this week in the championship? It feels like the game could be a potential shootout, but Dallas’ pass rush is scary. 

Depends on the other options 

I have a feeling that Goff is gonna be one extreme or the other. So will the game.

Either Goff throws for something like 350 yds and 4 TDs, and the Lions win something like 35-10

Or he throws for something like 180 yds, a TD and 3 picks, the Cowboys dominate and win 41-17

The Cowboys have been great at home so far, so my guess would be the latter

On 12/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, polecatt said:

I have a feeling that Goff is gonna be one extreme or the other. So will the game.

Either Goff throws for something like 350 yds and 4 TDs, and the Lions win something like 35-10

Or he throws for something like 180 yds, a TD and 3 picks, the Cowboys dominate and win 41-17

The Cowboys have been great at home so far, so my guess would be the latter

honestly its tough.  the dallas D tends to feast on the weak offenses and isnt that good against top offenses.

but the detroit team has been not as good last couple games too so I see where its tough.

like you said, its a feast or famine situation I suspect.   so depending on where you are with your matchup this may or may not be a good option

I suspect this is one of those where the defense may get an interception or two but the game ends up being like 31-28 or something of the like and the defense has an ok night but so does Goff.

do I think there are better matchups out there for you?   i in a 1 QB league there may be better options but that will very by league

47 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

honestly its tough.  the dallas D tends to feast on the weak offenses and isnt that good against top offenses.

but the detroit team has been not as good last couple games too so I see where its tough.

like you said, its a feast or famine situation I suspect.   so depending on where you are with your matchup this may or may not be a good option

I suspect this is one of those where the defense may get an interception or two but the game ends up being like 31-28 or something of the like and the defense has an ok night but so does Goff.

do I think there are better matchups out there for you?   i in a 1 QB league there may be better options but that will very by league

Currently removed Goff for Mayfield. Tough matchup but he’s too hot right now. Carr and Murray are available on waivers, just feel harder to trust. 

I like both Goff, and Carr over Mayfield this week. 

2 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Currently removed Goff for Mayfield. Tough matchup but he’s too hot right now. Carr and Murray are available on waivers, just feel harder to trust. 

Close call, could certainly go either way.

I would probably start Baker too